ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i know im new to this place but thats because im new to owning a wrx. a friend of mine had a 02 wrx that i would drive and i fell in love, i got a good job and i went out and bought a 04 wrx, didn't have a good enough job for the STI but i will one day! :(

But anyways, I'm driving home on the highway doing about 80 when from behind i see a car creeping up on me and pulls next to me its a Acura RSX type S, my WRX isn't stock anymore but i haven't done anything exterior to it besides shaved the trunk but aside from the hks carbon ti exhaust it could be mistaken for a 2.5 rs to the untrained car guru. So I down shift and take off lose him right away and you know the sound when a car is tacked out trying to catch up so i slow down because i don't want this guy to ruin his car. too late... he fly's past me and it smells awful and out from his exhaust is literally flames and sparks and smoke,

i put my flashers on to tell him no more and when i caught up to him his car sounded like someone punched a hole through the bottom of his engine it was knocking loud enough to hear it with my window rolled up... he got off the exit before i did and in my rear view i didn't see him pull over or i would have gone back.

thats all, figured id share... its late I'm tired... goodnight!

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl:

we gotta share this with the rest

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Your first post is about street racing? :confused1

And to top it off, you started racing at 80? Sounds like a great idea.....

·
Registered
0 Posts
haha whenever i read encounters like this, im always dying to see the other guys post on his forums about how he rolled some wrx (not trying to knock you, just talkin about in general)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the race didn't start at 80 thats where i was when he came up on me, i didn't just down shift into forth and take off, sorry for the miss communication on that. Secondly my first post was about a race because i don't need advice on my car right now and i don't have a question about my car or any other Subaru right now either so i figured id share a story! :)

As for the bullet proof, i dont know what he did, he might have had a bad engine to begin with and this race just finished it off.

I would love to see the post back from him because i know thats exactly what people think when you intentionally let them pass you cause your done but they might not be... they probably sit in there car thinking "man i just shook a WRX wait till i tell everyone"
:thumbup:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Secondly my first post was about a race because i don't need advice on my car right now and i don't have a question about my car or any other Subaru right now
Well bless your heart.

·
Banned
327 Posts
this reminds me of something my friend did. Onetime we were driving down the highway and a SI cut him off... he dicided to try and race the SI, him being in an 07 GLI, and it was actually a pretty close race. so he slows down and the si takes off.... about a mile later, his check engine light comes on. turns out he started losing oil pressure, proabably due to the stress on the engine. the car had less than 1000 miles on it. he is lucky it didnt due any direct damage, but it probably cut his engine life like in half. sory though, dont mean to hijak

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
That sucks.

I wonder what he did? Those engines are pretty damn bullet-proof.
Agreed...but if it was making horrible sounds like that...sounds like a Piston cracked or a bearing was spun, based on broke Honda engines I've heard in the past...

this reminds me of something my friend did. Onetime we were driving down the highway and a SI cut him off... he dicided to try and race the SI, him being in an 07 GLI, and it was actually a pretty close race. so he slows down and the si takes off.... about a mile later, his check engine light comes on. turns out he started losing oil pressure, proabably due to the stress on the engine. the car had less than 1000 miles on it. he is lucky it didnt due any direct damage, but it probably cut his engine life like in half. sory though, dont mean to hijak
Poor oil pressure:sadwave:

·
Registered
280 Posts
After hearing all that I have to wonder how hard he pushes his engine on a daily basis :screwy:

·
Registered
93 Posts
This actually reminded me of a one of the guys from my unit that has an Eclipse with a 16G EVOIII turbo and a whole bunch of other ****. Anyway, he used a regular silicon hose in his intake rather than a high temperture one and after doing a couple hard runs on the highway with my friends RX-7, the hose melted and proceeded to make a big fire under the hood.:(

The damage was fixed but his car was out of commission for a month since most of the repairs were done at our maintanance bays.

·
Registered
0 Posts
nice kill lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts