Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put an Omori EGT gauge in the stock WRX gauge pod? I plan to keep my Lamco boost gauge and replace either the oil temp gauge or the voltage gauge with an Omori 45 mm EGT gauge. If you have done this, how does the single Omori gauge fit in with the other gauges? Any problems with this? How does the Omori EGT gauge look next to the Lamco gauges?

·
Banned
7,636 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dr,
Actually, I was referring to the Lamco gauges that replace the clock in the center of the dash. I would like to replace one of the Lamco gauges (either the volt or oil temp) with an Omori EGT gauge and was wondering if anyone did this and how it looked. Does the Omori gauge look very out of place next to the Lamco gauges?

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I don't think you will find a closer match then the omori gauages. and if I were you I would take out the volt and put in the egt, the oil temp can still be useful.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KanosWRX said:
I don't think you will find a closer match then the omori gauages. and if I were you I would take out the volt and put in the egt, the oil temp can still be useful.
While oil temp is probably more useful than voltage, my oil temp gauge has failed on me twice. Since I will be off the warranty soon, I figure that I'd get rid of that one. Also, the only thing that the oil temp gauge tells me is that it takes the oil approx 5 minutes longer to warm up than the coolant.

If I heard that the Omori gauge would look very out of place with the Lamco's, I'd just wait a while and replace all three. Also, I was wondering if there were any problems that came up in this installation that were unforseen?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts