·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i narrow down to 3 brands 215/45-17

Pirelli PZero Nero M&S $116
Continental ContiExtremeContact $94
Kumho ECSTA ASX $91

note they all are ultra high performance all-season, i only have enough $$$ to get 1 set tires so plz dont suggest me to get summer tires. It goin be snowing during winter but nothing serious, atleast the stocker did an ok job during snow. Im more leaning toward the pirelli, but is that extra 1x bucks make that big of a different?

many thanks guys

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was in the exact same boat you were about two months ago. I went with the Pirelli's becuase they were recommended by many people, and I heard that the Conti's had some out-of-round QC issues. I'll tell you I'm glad I went with the Pirelli's. They are superb in the dry and wet (haven't had a chance to test them in the snow yet, but I'm sure they'll be just as good) - head and shoulders above the RE92's. I went with 225/50/16 on my stock wheels and they are working perfectly. They do tramline a bit on new concrete roads with the grooves still in them, but other than that I haven't found one thing I didn't like about them. Definitely worth the little bit extra you pay.

I highly recommend the P Zero Nero M&S.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i narrow down to 3 brands 215/45-17

Pirelli PZero Nero M&S $116
Continental ContiExtremeContact $94
Kumho ECSTA ASX $91

note they all are ultra high performance all-season, i only have enough $$$ to get 1 set tires so plz dont suggest me to get summer tires. It goin be snowing during winter but nothing serious, atleast the stocker did an ok job during snow. Im more leaning toward the pirelli, but is that extra 1x bucks make that big of a different?

many thanks guys

·
Registered
155 Posts
I bought some used P Zero Nero M&S from an EVO owner whose car was totalled. It was local so I could actually check out the tires before I paid him. Just looking at the tread it doesn't seem possible that these things could have much snow traction. Not worn out, but this model tire doesn't have any siping or snow type tread blocks. I'll find out when the snow hits.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'll be the jerk of the thread and give you another brand to consider.

I've had all the high dollar tires and honestly Hankook Ventus are the best, period. They last as long as any, including Pilots and are dirt cheap. They perform too

Pirelli are for the most part great tires but the ones I've had sucked in the rain.

Best all around, price included: Ventus and Falken. Just opinion, but I've spent and wasted a lot of money and learned

·
Registered
217 Posts
you may want to look into that, I didnt know the climate where you lived. Doenst snow where i live

but the Pirelli's I've owned performed awesome in dry and not so well in wet

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I finally went with the Pirelli, to those of you in Toronto area and plan to get tires you should check out the store I went to. I bought 215/45/17 nero m+s for $920 include tax and mount and balance. Which i think is a killer deal, the best part is you dont need to know the owner to get the deal. They do all tires even the rare one, so if you planning on getting tires give them a call first.
One thing i learn when i shop around for tires, Always always decide which tire you go to get and do some research before going in and ask. Cause there is 1 which so call friend (the owner) tell me dont get the nero m+s (quote me 980) instead get the yoko Avid H4(840) (which i found out later it had discontinue), because they perform much better than the pirellis and is cheaper. I was so close falling for it due to $. So do some research first.

P.S. i remember i promise a moderator here to find the price for him a while back, well u read this give them a call cause they are the vendor for pirelli

Name: Green Bay Tire
905 881 0548
Sorry if i make it looks like an ad, I really need to spread this cause buying tire in Canada is expansive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
WOW, I hate to rain on your parade, but www.tirerack.com has those tires for $116 a piece. Throw in shipping (I didn't know your exact zip code so I just picked one in Toronto) for an extra $60, and the total comes to $525 to your door. Add mounting and balancing ($100 at the most), and you're looking at $625 mounted and balanced. $920 doesn't look so great now. Sorry to do that to you, but it pays to shop around on the internet as well as local vendors.

Great choice on the tires, though.

·
Registered
642 Posts
im guessing the 920 he listed was in CDN dollars and not US.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya Im talking about $920 CDN and u didnt include tax which is 15% here and brokage which is another few tens, so if u do the math is very close and you get tires right out the door.
However if u go in a random tire store which i did (in Toronto) at first, they quote me 12XX CDN. So that place is very cheap consider is just a shop not a warehouse like tirerack. But hey they both are just as good i think, i just give another option for people in Toronto area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts