ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was filling up my bone stock (new) WRX at the local gas station and a AMG comes up, I notice it think to myself wow thats a quick car on zeh highway. Anyways, Im about to leave and he ask me how much HP its got. I tell him about all the cool features, turbo, all wheel drive. He tells me about how is car is the ultimate sleeper, 470 HP, 500+ lb/ft torque!! :eek: Then he says that its not THAT fast since the car is a bit fat and the power/weight ratio isnt too high. Then I told him about the STi and he says he been reading up on it. During this whole conversation he got a phone call and his daughters like "Dad, your phone!" And he totally ignored it and said hes busy!! Haha...that guy was awesome! I told him nice car and he did the same. THen leaving i saw a Laborghini Diablo!!! Then a nice 02-03 WRX (Silver with nice rims, and great sounding exhaust) gave him a little wave as his light went green...Sorry for the long post, I just couldnt contain all the fun I had during this particular trip to and from the gas station!

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
ebr0t said:
e55 = realistic dream car.
w3rd. I'd pimp it...throw some HREs on there, lower it a little, and call it a day.

·
Registered
96 Posts
During this whole conversation he got a phone call and his daughters like "Dad, your phone!" And he totally ignored it and said hes busy!! Haha...that guy was awesome!
You guys could have turned into roasted car nuts! :eek3::eek: Cell phone use + gas station = timebomb

·
Registered
659 Posts
tr3 said:
You guys could have turned into roasted car nuts! :eek3::eek: Cell phone use + gas station = timebomb
Ever seen that show myth busters? Its BS

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Do it all the time. Used to work at a gas station, would talk on my phone while pumping gas. It's just like using your cell phone on planes. It's crap.

·
Registered
647 Posts
dude thats awesome. One of my friends dad's just sold his and got almost exactly waht he paid for, and now is looking for something faster.

They are such nice cars and i've only driven one to parrk it at my job, and they are amazing in every way!

·
Registered
96 Posts
The warning is in your cell phone manual. Go check it out :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
so what is the myth? how can cell phone be bad while pumping gas?

another thing is, i've always shut off my car when i pump gas and its likely i will keep it that way. but i know some people let the cars run, is that safe or what? i heard its not good at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
express_wagon said:
so what is the myth? how can cell phone be bad while pumping gas?
the myth was that using a cellphone while pumping gas could ignite the fuel and make your car catch on fire. on the myth busters episode, they basically built this glass box, filled it will liquefied gas (i think?) and put a cellphone in it. they called the cellphone to see if it would ignite the fuel. it never did, no matter how many times and how much gas they had in the glass box.

·
Registered
262 Posts
WilliamG said:
E55 AMG are damn fast.... ON ZE HIGHWAY!

:D :D :D :D
I think the 1/4 mile times in the mid 12's prove the car is fast out of the hole as well. ;)

·
Registered
368 Posts
mroussy said:
the myth was that using a cellphone while pumping gas could ignite the fuel and make your car catch on fire. on the myth busters episode, they basically built this glass box, filled it will liquefied gas (i think?) and put a cellphone in it. they called the cellphone to see if it would ignite the fuel. it never did, no matter how many times and how much gas they had in the glass box.
\/\/3rD, there's no relay's w/ high voltage or anythhing that'll contact and creat a spark. It's all solid state, people. What about starting your car at a gas station, that's got a lot of juice flowing in it. Turning on the AC at a gas station could spark an explosion. Or maybe people are worried about the cell signal starting something? Better not listen to the radio either then. Or use any navigation system.

But anywho, back on topic. I saw this hot chick, probably about mid 20's driving one a week or so ago. What a perfect combo that would be.;) It's fast, it's luxurious, and it's dead sexy. Wouldn't mind one at all. Picking wheels for it has got to be a challenge though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts