ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I waxed my car about a month ago with NXt wax, but I decided to wash it again b/c it was filthy, the soap literally slipped right off the car, its amazing that nxt wax, I really didnt know how to wash the wax off?? I heard that dish soap does the trick. What are your ideas that you know work? thanx for any help.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
XSWRX02 said:
I waxed my car about a month ago with NXt wax, but I decided to wash it again b/c it was filthy, the soap literally slipped right off the car, its amazing that nxt wax, I really didnt know how to wash the wax off?? I heard that dish soap does the trick. What are your ideas that you know work? thanx for any help.
Dish soap is what I use.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I have heard that using dish soap to remove old wax isn't the best thing to do for your car's finish.. I guess if you just use a couple drops in a bucket of water it would probably be ok, but don't use too much of it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Old Wax removal

I will start by saying I have been detailing/reconditioning cars since 86 and have found paint prep is the key to a great finish.

Dawn, my friend will get that car clean.

Hot sunny days are not recommended. Look for shade or waterspots will be your enemy.

Two bucket wash method to avoid adding swirls and scratches to your finish. One bucket with clear water (no soap). The second bucket I use turtle wax Ice wash. (no water spots). Nice lambs wool wash mitt. Key is to dip the mitt in soap bucket and wash a section of the vehicle. dip the mitt into the clear rinse bucket before you go back into the soap bucket. rinse as you go. don't let the soap sit on the car. Wash it twice.

Now get yourself the mothers or Mcguiars claybar kit and cut the clay bar in half. Follow the directions on the box. but rather than using the spray that comes with the kit. Use a fresh bucket of the Ice wash and work a small section of the the car at a time. The clay will bring the car to a slick and smooth finish. Wash the car again upon finishing the claying. Dry the car with a Waffle Weave drying cloth.

Now i recommend a couple of coats of sealant. Klasse makes a nice sealant and all in one cleaner. Follow the sealant with a nice coat of wax. Followed by a couple of coats of wax on the following day. Trust me you will be pumped with the finish.

Machine polishing is for the one that wants to take it to the next level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts