Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was just wondering, when i get my prez im thinkin bout puttin a sunroof on it. not a cheap aftermarket one but the old factory 2.5rs one. but theres one thing i dont know if it will fit and im not sure how much itd cost. and if anyone has done this post up some pics. id love to see a wrx with a roof. hehehh i hope im the first :)
well tell me what u folks think
thnx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just seein sumpm

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
the problem with putting an aftermarket moonroof is putting a hole in a part of your car, where the factory hadn't planned one.

It is rarely the sunroof that is the weak link in the process. it severly reduces the aftermarket value of your car, and will almost certainly at some point either leak water or air or rust/bubble around the edges.

secondly, the new generation of rex, is even harder and more risky to perform this task, as there is a reinforced steel beam around the top of the cabin, which is conveniently plaved to save your life in a roll, but inconveniently placed as per a sunroof. in fact, if one even fits at all, it will only be a manual tilt type rather than a filly functional silde mechanism(ruling out the 2.5 option). but chances are, to make one fit it will also be oddly placed forward in the cabin, and too close to the windshield to be feasable. (higher risk of leaks and instabiliy from the air pressure on the car there, causing flex and give where there shouldnt be any)

i want one too, but your insurance check will be far friendlier to your wallet with a steel roll bar rather than an aftermarket sunroof!
-

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:( awwwwwww im bummed to hear that
but i guess ure right. i dint really know much about the structure of the roof and if it does have beams to reinforce rolling then let it be. but the one thing i liked about the old rs is the roof it was dope, moonroof and power sunroof 2 in 1. well i gues its just a few thousand im saving for labour and parts :D
theres always something else to do ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts