ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM LOOKING AT PURCHASING AN COBB AP BUT I HAVE A FEW Q's that I hope my fellow subies would be able to answer for me. I've found a really decent deal on an older model AP for a 03' Wrx u know the black rectangular looking one with the green backlight and the up down arrows compared to the new silver AP. So question 1: are they that different in functionality wise will the new do more and the old do less and is there any different or odd things that the old one does that the new one has improved on? I'm no cheapskates so I'll spend te money one the newer one if it comes down to it, but I'm practically getting the older version for free so I'm just seeing if there is anything I should know before taking posession of it. All help is greatly appreciated thanks for the future enlightenment I hope.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,206 Posts
Make sure any used device you buy is unmarried from the seller's car, or it will be completely useless to you.

For differences see the Cobb site. Generally, any unmarried device that's correct for your car will work for reflashing -- again, emphasis on "unmarried."

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
I believe Cobb has discontinued support for that model AP, so if you run into an issue with it, you are SOL.

Just be aware of that when purchasing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts