ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 WRX, non sti, and I was reading about the Cat breaking up and killing the turbo. Like an idiot I bought the wrong gaskets, but no biggie ill use them later. Anyway, I'm lookin at which gaskets to get for a Uppipe. I'm just extremely confused on which gaskets to get. I found these:

Subaru OEM Upper Uppipe Gasket Subaru Turbo Models at RallySportDirect.com
GrimmSpeed Ceramic Coated Uppipe Subaru Models (inc. 2002-2012 WRX / STI) at RallySportDirect.com
Subaru OEM Lower Uppipe Gasket Subaru Turbo Models at RallySportDirect.com

I just dont understand how the upper fits on. I've done turbo swap outs, however I am new to Subarus and the intercoolers. I apologize if this has been mentioned or asked before, if anyone has a link I can read about which to get I'll be glad to read it and delete this thread. I read the thread on how it can destroy the turbo and saw the pictures, looks nasty!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, only thing that concerns me is the 5 holed upipe, if the 3 holed gasket one goes there, how does that make sense? See why im confused? :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I'll watch the video thank you both! OOOO I see it now! Ok, so the gasket doesnt go on every bolt but it covers the hole, gotcha! Thank you to both of you again!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
The upper gasket fits by hooking on only 3/5 uppipe studs. When you remove the OE uppipe, take note of the orientation. Although, when you hold the uppipe/gasket in your hand, it will be pretty obvious which way it goes on.

Gaskets you'll want:
1) Turbo/downpipe - this one can be reused if you've replaced it recently, otherwise, buy another
2) Turbo/uppipe - Link #1
3) Uppipe/manifold - Link #3
4) Manifold/head - removing the passenger side elbow will make the install much easier. Some people drop the whole manifold, but you can do it with just the one elbow removed.
5) Manifold/crosspipe - last remaining connection you've "broken"

If you choose to drop the whole manifold, you can get two of part 4 instead of part 5.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
THE SHIRMINATOR said:
^ what he said. lol
This seems to be a common post by you this evening :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts