Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys... some of you are probably ready to burn me.. but I figured there might be some valid opinions here... I had coils on my RSx in the past, they were great!, however this car is more of a daily for me and I’m considering putting in springs...just to reduce the gap (never did I think I would turn to this option) it I guess I don’t have much experience with springs and would like to get some feedback for those who may have it on their wrx... should I just bite the bullet and pay for coils? Or will spring work fine for a 1.5” drop on a daily? I’m in nyc.. roads are all messed up and just want some suggestions and feedback.

·
Æternum
15,855 Posts
You haven't mentioned what year and model car...

Yes, most often springs and a good set of struts will outperform the bulk of Coilovers until you really get up into the expensive examples.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You haven't mentioned what year and model car...

Yes, most often springs and a good set of struts will outperform the bulk of Coilovers until you really get up into the expensive examples.
. It’s. 17 wrx, any suggestions on what springs are good? I was going to just ride with the stock struts.. any thoughts?

·
Æternum
15,855 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Æternum
15,855 Posts
What are the differences in struts? The premium and limited have "inverted" front struts. Is that the only difference between those and the base model?
The difference is that it is a completely different strut with different damping characteristics. Yes, it is inverted and mono-tube unlike the standard twin-tube on the base WRX. They are not, however, the same strut as the STI -- they are quite a bit softer and less aggressive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts