Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will overfilled oil cause bluesmoke out the exhaust and oil seeping from the vband mating surface of the turbo? I noticed smoke coming out my scoop the other day and saw oil burning off my turbo. It looks like its seeping from all around the clamp. Ive also been getting blue exhaust smoke if i idle for a long period of time. I check my oil and its at the notch above the F hole. Which seems overfilled. I did oil a week ago. Theres no smoke at all coming from my oil fill tube so its hopefully not a cracked ringland. I pulled the intercoller and checked the intake and there was no excessive oil in either of those places so that rules out at least one of the turbo seals. My pcv valve was a little sticky so i cleaned it just incase. Its an 06 wrx with a td05. The oil on the turbo happened i went for a spirited drive to the gas station. So maybe theres too much crank case pressure from being overfilled?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
I can take a stab and say the seals are shot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can take a stab and say the seals are shot.

but theres no oil in the intake track at all. no excess oil anywhere in the intake, pcv, intercooler. just leaking and burning right there. i just took the car out because its been sitting for a week. the smoke smells like rubber burning but i dont know where that could be. the oil drain is pretty far away from where the leak seems to be happening. from that pic i got its pretty hard to tel if its coming all the way from the top or the bottom somewhere. it kinda looks like its actually coming out there the hot and cold side meet and get mated together. if thats true, then that is a seal for sure.

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
Have you checked the oil feed lines?

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
That's the limit of what I know to check then. Sorry I didn't have an exact solution

·
Super Moderator
24,466 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,466 Posts
By the way ... I suck at turbo swaps. Did two of them to be sure.

Best of luck! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts