ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal i changed my oil the first 3000 miles using mobile 1 full synthetic, i was lazy and i decided to take it to the shop to have it changed, i told them to use mobile 1 fully synthetic, but they ended up using standard motor oil..will this effect my car in anyway?

I was also thinking about switching to royal purple..are there any flaws in switching oils

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I actually had the same thing happen to me. Shop put in Quaker State instead of M1. When I said didn't I ask for M1 he said yea, but this will be cheaper for you, and its better for turbo charged engines. I call BS, but I digress, I'm assuming it will be fine, I waited till the next oil change and put M1 back in, and will continue to do so. I'm sure it won't hurt anything for just that one time.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
xtrememotion said:
I actually had the same thing happen to me. Shop put in Quaker State instead of M1. When I said didn't I ask for M1 he said yea, but this will be cheaper for you, and its better for turbo charged engines. I call BS, but I digress, I'm assuming it will be fine, I waited till the next oil change and put M1 back in, and will continue to do so. I'm sure it won't hurt anything for just that one time.
Next time, have him swap it out on the spot - it was their mistake for putting in the wrong oil, so they have to take the hit (especially, seeing as though he admitted you asked for something else) - if you ask for a steak at a prime rib, and they bring you a burger (because it's cheaper, and better for you), I don't know about you, but I'd tell them I wanted my prime rib lol

Don't be a complete douche about it, but it's their fault, so it's their problem. Make sure you watch them put in the proper oil, at that point (and never return there again - if they can't follow explicit directions, you don't want them touching your car).

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
i dont trust anyone working on my car. except megan fox from transformers.:tongue:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts