ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i came across a post on scooby mods stating that you must properly align the bolt that bolts the turbo oil line onto the turbo...otherwise it wont flow oil. Is this true? Cause mine is definately not aligned in any special way!

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
I noticed that when re-installing my stock turbo when I got rid of my WRX. There is 1 hole in the banjo bolt. I think it should be properly aligned when installing it, or oil won't flow through it properly. And oil starvation leads to fried turbos.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd think that it just has to thread smoothly. I remember mine taking a while, so as not to strip anything. That’s all I could imagine as "aligning" it. Otherwise I’m sol.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
i dont see how it has to be aligned in any special way. If you look inside the "loop" on the oil line, oil can travel all the way around. So no matter which way the hole on the bolt is facing, the oil will travel down. They wouldnt make something that has to be aligned that delicately, it would be too hard to figure out where the hole would end up after screwing it all the way in.

·
Registered
498 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts