ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I changed my oil the other day and its leaking. when i changed it i didnt put on a new crush washer, and used the old. now i noticed that it is leaking fair amount. Do you think i didnt tightin it enough or do i need to re do it all and put a new crush washer on. How tight do you guys tighting the bolt?

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
You need a new crush washer. I didn't use one last time and mine drips a bit too. It will continue to drip no matter how hard you tighten it. Those little washers are a pain.

Mine only drops about 1 drop per day so I just put a pan under the car and will be sure to change the crush washer 3k miles from now.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Go to the dealer, Pay $1.00 for new Crush washer

Have buddy handy.

You and buddy climb under car, undo oil pan bolt, Have buddy poke finger on oil pain drain thread to hold in oil.

Put NEW crush washer on.

Crawl back to buddy.

Buddy removes finger, You poke bolt in.(While cursing and wondering why you didnt do a new washer the first time)

Add about a quart of oil

Replace Crush washer.....EVERYTIME, As a matter of fact it comes with an O.E.M filter.

Shotgun

·
Registered
3 Posts
I never thought changing engine oil would be so troublesome. I did not change the CRUNCH WASHER and had leaks for days. Went and bought a washer then removed the plug with washer and changed over to a new washer. I had to use ShotgunTC88 method of changing the washer and I have to tell you, you need big fingers. Hehe. Attached is a picture of old washer crunched, new washer and AUS part number. If only I knew earlier. Thanks guys....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts