ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try and keep an eye on my oil, but my car consumes so fast.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone run it dry? How bad is it? How forgiving is our motor?

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
I try and keep an eye on my oil, but my car consumes so fast.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone run it dry? How bad is it? How forgiving is our motor?
The motor wont do well without oil.

Where is it leaking from?

·
Registered
280 Posts
are you using fully synthetic oil?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The motor wont do well without oil.

Where is it leaking from?
Its not leaking from anywhere. I was just told that this motor will burn it or theres some blowby. Idk. I was just told about a quart every oil change is usually lost.

If i was low on oil and there was not problem with how it was running/no overheating, and i refill, what my status? besides newb.

·
Registered
273 Posts
On a stock car you shouldn't be going through any oil at all, regardless of type. It wouldn't pass EPA requirements that way.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On a stock car you shouldn't be going through any oil at all, regardless of type. It wouldn't pass EPA requirements that way.
I checked my oil today and it looked low. I've found this particular dipstick particularly hard to read as well ... :tongue:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Is it low on the dipstick or low relative to the last time you checked it? Top it off, and keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it low on the dipstick or low relative to the last time you checked it? Top it off, and keep an eye on it.
Both. But as i said, the oil usually streaks so bad on the stick I cant tell if its reading what it should or just from the dipstick tube.

I thought it was low on the stick AND lower then last time. So i topped it, about a half quart (filling the checking), then suddenly it appeared way overfull. I def need a drain back before any driving.

Makes me wonder if it was even low to begin.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Check the oil in the morning before you start your car and you'll get an accurate reading. I'm guessing you're fine.

·
Registered
273 Posts
yeah, that way it all settles into the bottom of the crankcase and the dipstick reads accurately and clearly.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, that way it all settles into the bottom of the crankcase and the dipstick reads accurately and clearly.
Thanks tons. I'll check it in the AM. I have a feeling I need a drain back, now that I've added, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you're only overfilled by a quart or less I wouldn't worry too much, it should get blown out the vent lines if you overpressure.

·
Registered
280 Posts
start using synthetic oil trust me it will help.
how many miles do you drive daily?

·
Registered
280 Posts
its normal to burn a little oil but you should check you oil filter and drain plug just in case oh and look around your turbo for leaks

·
Registered
280 Posts
how much oil do you burn
per week?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts