Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nobody has their oil changed?

I bought a WIX filter for one oil change, but it was SEVEN FREAKIN' DOLLARS. I looked, but I forgot to file the receipt with the part number, but it is the same filter as used on the 2.5RS for the last several years. I don't recommend a Fram, but I think it's a PH3593A.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Filter Number

Well, the filter for the '01 is the same as the '02/ actially, i think they are the same numbers all the way back to 94, and in all scooby models (except forester).

WIX Filters: 51365
Pro-Tec: 168
AC/Delco: PF 2192

dR

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use the Subaru filter from the dealer. It only cost me $6 and comes with the drain plug gasket/washer as well. It is made by Purolator, but I don't know what their part number is. No one in my area sells Purolator filters.

The Fram filter is PH3593A, but I also do not recommend fram filters. They have a very high failure rate (not widely written about). Other forums I belong to have had long discussions regarding that. I personally know someone who lost a $20K Catipillar D8 engine due to a Fram filter failure.

Wix filters have a great reputation, but again, no one in my area sells them.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
filters

six to seven dollars is a lot for a filer. four bux is more like it.

I would also strongly suggest not using fram. many tests show they allow the most particles to pass through unblocked, and also are made with the cheapest paper filtering with no metal or rubber framing (allowin fluid to go around the filter) they also have the smallest useful life.

wix are great, and around here, everyone;s got em. i'm not sure who private labels subaru's factory filters, but i'd be willing to bet its wix

protec is also made by wix, but is slightly cheaper. no real difference in quality (especiually if you are changing your oil on time)

'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts