Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2013 impreza wrx stock
Since my last oil change its recommended 3k or 3month since I hardly go anywhere should I wait for my 3k even though passing my 3 months?

·
Super Moderator
11,125 Posts
I'd change the oil at about 6 months if you haven't crossed 3k if you live in a humid or wet environment.

·
Æternum
15,676 Posts
3 months? That rule is woefully outdated.

I'd say 12 months or 5000 miles, whichever comes first. I've hit a 12 month OCI on occasion with Blackstone UOA to back up my confidence. Almost no oil dilution or viscosity breakdown due to age. Modern lubricants really are incredible.

Reactions: the x-man

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd change the oil at about 6 months if you haven't crossed 3k if you live in a humid or wet environment.
Yeah bro I literally drive 2.2 miles round trip home to work and drive companies truck

·
Super Moderator
11,125 Posts
Yeah bro I literally drive 2.2 miles round trip home to work and drive companies truck
Pump those crazy legs my dude. Ride a bike. Thats HARD on a car.

Zax and I disagree on some oil interval things. However he is absolutely correct that modern oil is a miracle fluid compared to what was available 20 years ago. As long as its not collecting moisture its pretty stable.

·
Æternum
15,676 Posts
Even if you disagree with me, I think the UOA is a great way to build confidence.

Blackstone will tell you all you need to know. I've been using Blackstone for > 10 years on my Subarus and have been able to extend my oil change interval. My Subarus have also been by-far the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned.

At 10 years and 65k miles, Kia's longevity issues are starting to show their teeth on my wife's Sportage. In contrast, every single issue on my Bugeye was caused by me. And even then, with my bugeye making 1.9x the power of the stock vehicle and OCI pushed to 4000 miles/1year, the engine was still pristine. The body on the other hand? Let's just say Subaru and body corrosion are a match made in heaven.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts