ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious. Ive been using Pennzoil platinum in my wrx since i got it last year, and forever when i had my 06 legacy gt. I was using Mobile 1 but with my legacy it tripped an engine code because it would cause an oil return valve to stick open. I was just wondering what motor oil are you using and why?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/general-maintenance-troubleshooting-accidents/134324692-what-oil-should-i-use.html

Without a UOA, advice is meaningless. Like with base maps, every car will react differently, so you should invest in a UOA yourself to see how your car reacts to the oil you're using. Get a kit from Blackstone for your next change, and see what's going on with your current oil, then consider switching.

Personally, I just made the switch over to Rotella T6, and am waiting to do a UOA at this oil change (I wanted to wait until I went through two changes before shipping a sample out).

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not asking for advice, i know what kind of oil i use. im just curious what kind other people are using

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
im not asking for advice, i know what kind of oil i use. im just curious what kind other people are using
Whichever 5W-40 fleet or diesel oil is cheapest.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I use Rotella T6 5w-40.. although I'm about to start adding a zinc additive to it every change since they recently changed their formula.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts