Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked Efjie back in France what is the lowest offset they install on WRXs and they confirmed 36mm without modifications. :eek:

Efjie is a well known shop in France and Europe. They've been doing a lot of work for years on different cars. I really think they know what they are doing. Just wanted to share with you guys what's been done on the last generation of WRXs and before the 2002 US WRX for those who always wonder if it's a problem or/and will create problems.

http://www.efjie.com
EFJIE DISTRIBUTION
7 RUE FENELON
41000 BLOIS FRANCE
tel 0254455445
fax 0254432282
Merci pour votre e mail
cela ne touche pas la carroserrie si vous n'alles pas en dessos de 36 mm
restant à votre disposition
jérôme

·
Moderating on the run!
7,320 Posts
That seems a touch low, but possible. Austin is running 52mm offset w/ 15mm spacers, thus effectively 37mm, so I guess it's possible.

Big Sky

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know in France people don't sue as much as they do here, but I think if Efjie installs tires with that kind of offset, they don't think it will wear out any parts and break something. I keep reading everywhere that it's bad. I'm sure Subaru designed it that way for really good reasons, and I'm not saying Efjie knows better than Subaru, but I would suspect they would think twice for their reputation, money and reliability before putting on some 36mm offset wheels.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm still waiting for a catastrophic wheel bearing failure that everyone says is imminent when running anything further out than a 48mm offset...

Sad to say, nothing has broken yet...;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts