ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First it should read: Officially a new Member

Well now I can officially say im a member. I just got back from placing my order for a new 2012 WRX in WR Blue. After reading the forums and doing my research I decided to put the order in this afternoon. I ended up going to a dealership in Ramsey NJ and it couldn't have been easier. I was getting my self all psyched up to argue by watching Fargo and complain about not waiting the True Coat but it wasn't needed. I spent more time waiting for the salesman (Clayton) the it took to fill out all the paperwork. The only draw back is that my currant car 94 Firebird with 216,000 + miles was only worth $250 and they were going to end up scrapping it. So it looks like ill need to find a buyer
IMG_0220.jpg IMG_0041.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I was looking and not many WRX's in the tri sate area dealerships though it give me time to wait out the winter and will allow me to put off getting winter tires and steelies. At least they dealer said its a 6-8 week wait. I wanted to see if I could just walk in and pick out up though I couldn't wait. Its going to be a 2 door with SPT exhaust, arm rest extender and the short throw.
I know people have said that the kartboy have better ones with better bushings though the way I look at it coming from my firebird Im sure the Subaru one will be more then enough for now

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry 4 Door, though when I sit in it Ill have to move the seat all the way to the back to it would then be more of a 3 door

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Welcome! At 216k that is on clean Bird!

A lot of the new folks coming in with pre-ordered 12's are looking at waits of 10-15 weeks. I hope the dealer was right so you don't have to wait too long!

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had it repainted a couple of years ago the clear coat was pealing on the passengers side

·
Registered
966 Posts
you live in NJ? if you went to the dealership on 17, i almost got my STi from there but they didnt have one close enough to what i was lookin for so we found one at another dealership and didnt end up having to order it. but anyhow congratulations! hope you enjoy your new subaru and you should let me kno when u get it we can cruise to a meet or something. by the way, if you find the dealership u got it from is finicky, then dont hesitate to go check out Bill Kolb in orangetown NY i believe, my car had an oil leak and engine blew, they fixed it in like 5 days i believe, 3 of which where christmas eve, christmas, and new years. i was thrilled when i heard my subi was coming back after only a few days, when my brothers trailblazer SS has a blown motor it sat at the dealership for 2 months!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats on the order, glad you ended up talking to Clayton, everything is ridiculously easy there. Good luck with the wait, it can be tough but it's worth it!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Hey Alex its Clayton your salesman from Ramsey Subaru. We just signed off on your car so it is in bound on a boat somewhere. My best guess is 2-3 more weeks from today you'll be driving it home! I'll email you from work too in case you don't check here a lot. Nice bike btw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts