Subaru WRX Forum banner
361 - 380 of 399 Posts
I didn't take these... turbo tecnica on the RS25 forums did.
Lol, he's a member and already posted these. Thanks tho.

I didn't take these... turbo tecnica on the RS25 forums did.
I vote for the factory option grill on this black baby.

i dont hate the new design, but is looks a lot like this vehicle (even more like it if you see one of the Suzuki's in person)

STI Concept Unveiled!

Is it just me or do you do a double take every time you see a Kia or Hyundai hatchback, thinking it might be the new Impreza?

Anyways I just found this pic today on WRC.com, the new STI WRC! I didn't see any other pics of it though, anyone else find anything? That wing is freakin massive...kind of fugly...

http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~1111128,00.html

Another pic from Autoweek

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070913/FREE/70913007/1607/FREE

:)

Maybe this will grow on me...but I'm not loving it yet. I don't recognize it as a wrx. It doesn't look "tough" enough.

Edmunds says it will appeal more to the mainstream crowd. Part of the reason I like my rex is that it isn't a "mainstream" car! I like having a car that I don't see a 100 of every day. It looks too much like all the other 4 door sedans out there, imo.

I do agree that having steering wheel controls would be nice. The extra interior room would be nice too, I'm 6'3" so I can always use extra leg room.

Hopefully it will grow on me...
+1 I always viewed subaru as being out there and in your face. The new car looks classy but it just has too many familiar lines to it. I would have rather seen a refined bug eye.

something new I learned about mine recently.

for the ones with steering wheel mounted radio controls:

if you are playing a CD and hit the Mute button the the steering wheel, it actually mutes and pauses the CD you are playing. It resumes playing when you hit the mute button again to unmute it.

i ran across that accidentally the other day and tried it a few different times to confirm it.

That's pretty cool. I guess it's so you don't miss any of the CD. My wife's VW GLI has a mute button, but it doesn't stop the CD. By the way, I thought all the new Imprezas had the steering wheel mounted controls. Is that not true?

That's pretty cool. I guess it's so you don't miss any of the CD. My wife's VW GLI has a mute button, but it doesn't stop the CD. By the way, I thought all the new Imprezas had the steering wheel mounted controls. Is that not true?
nope. they do not all have them. on the 2.5i models, it is part of the premium package. Standard on the outback sport models.

I'll have to check on the WRX models to see if the base models have the controls there.

i know the base 2.5i impreza models dont, but then again this is the same model with rear drum brakes. We advertise the base Impreza for somewhere around $16900. no VDC, no steering wheel mounted radio controls, rear drums, no fog lights, single cd, and probably a few other things i cant think of at the moment.

Looks sweet, but I'm not real crazy about the 4 exhaust tips. Reminds me of american cars with a bizzillion exhaust tips that don't do anything. :screwy:

Looks sweet, but I'm not real crazy about the 4 exhaust tips. Reminds me of american cars with a bizzillion exhaust tips that don't do anything. :screwy:
Which ones are those? The only domestic I can think of at the moment that has more than 2 is the Vette. (and it has one for every 100hp, so I'll let it slide. ) :)

Which ones are those? The only domestic I can think of at the moment that has more than 2 is the Vette. (and it has one for every 100hp, so I'll let it slide. ) :)
GM comes to mind, especially Pontiac or Cadillac. It's just annoying. I especially hate it when there is a Y-pipe coming right out of the muffler, cheesy! It just adds extra weight IMHO.

361 - 380 of 399 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.