Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer just replaced the heads, timing belt and spark plugs. I took it to my mechanic and had him look over it. The dealer wanted 10k, my mechanic said he wouldn't pay more than 7k(rear differential was leaking) so I offered 7k and the dealer refused saying that he put too much into it.
The car has 148xxx on it and the body was in decent shape. I've been searching everyday for the last couple weeks and can't wait to get my WRX. Just wanting to know if it sounds as if my offer was appropriate, I'm not too knowledgeable on used car prices.. I basically just use KBB. Thanks all for any advice.

·
Super Moderator
11,737 Posts
I thought that same thing after I initially offered it, but I know getting the heads replaced costs quite a bit for the labor.
That doesn't increase the value of the vehicle though. I did recently learn that some of the vehicles are hitting collector status and the value may be different than i would ever expect. You may or may not be out of the ballpark for that car.

·
Æternum
16,110 Posts
Your offer was appropriate, but high. I sold my bugeye for $5.5k about 4 years ago with far fewer miles and probably fewer owners.

Look elsewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts