Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see everyone's opinion on what they thought were the best looking headlight conversions?

-JDM
-UKDM (yes different beam projection from JDM)
-UK300 (Tri Lamp Conversion)
-Morettes
-Dual Beam Rally Style
-Any others?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JDM vs. UKDM

JDM's and UKDM's are almost identical, except when it's on. Only thing that different (and the thing I don't like) is the fact the the right side is the driving light, and the left acts as the fog light. UKDM is vice versa, but I agree with you....I think those lights look the nicest..

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
JDM are nice, UK STI have ~same as JDM, while the standard WRX has same as North American WRX. From looks point of view I think JDM projectors, WRC and Morettes are all nice..........Morettes do have a nice added bonus of light being offered on wider spread.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've got to agree. UK300's all the way.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JDM vs. UKDM

Yeah, they are pretty nice. But how do you adjust the beam projection? I'd prefer the UKDM projectors b/c you don't have to go to the trouble of adjusting. The housing and appearance is identical, but the beams are different (right hand driving light/left hand wide beam and vice versa). Anyone know if people have had these problems?

߲

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
I'm ALL about the JDMs. I'd get them in a heartbeat if I had money.

And spoolin, if you're referring to the JDMs, the top oval-ish section isn't the turn signal, it's the high beams :)

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
Don't use anything from JDM & UK. They drive on the wrong side of the wrong, thus the headlamps are aimed that way.

Get something some continental Europe, as the drive on the side of the road we do, so the headlight beam is oriented correctly.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Tan makes a good point, I'd definitely check on that before putting down the cash. I'm partial to morrettes, but would slap on the WRC lights in a heartbeat!:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
verdugo, oh! okay, that makes sense, but they still look stock-ish!hahaha.
actually, the Uk300 headlamps i got are from the producer/manufacturer, so they are indeed for left-hand drive cars (they make both for uk and north america), the beam pattern is great. and not blinding for oncoming cars

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
spoolin said:
verdugo, oh! okay, that makes sense, but they still look stock-ish!hahaha.
actually, the Uk300 headlamps i got are from the producer/manufacturer, so they are indeed for left-hand drive cars (they make both for uk and north america), the beam pattern is great. and not blinding for oncoming cars
Hehe Spoolin, they look stock-ish because...well, they are stock in Japan! :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SPOOLIN

Hey Spoolin! Do you have any contact info for the UK300's?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I simply replaced my headlight bulbs with PIAA superwhites. I am more than happy with the results. I also did my fog lamps. They look only a little blue and put out great light compared to the dim orange stock bulbs.

RobPA has black, painted Morrette HIDs on his MBP WRX. Really nice looking head lights, but you won't catch me spending that kind of money on anything that can't make the car faster or more manueverable.

-Jim

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Ryan!

Thank man, I just emailed him...oh wait, looking at your avatar.....is it just me or is that a JDM STi front lip spoiler???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts