Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I bought a 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i(NA Version)...i know this is a wrx and sti version but where else do I go. Not looking to do tons to the car but I would like to get that "subaru rumble" out of the engine and into my ears(and others:)) Ive heard that you can use the OEM WRX axle back exhaust on the 2.5i to make it sound a little better but I have heard contradicting info on whether or not I need unequal length headers to do that...I dont want the car to be loud at all, I just wanna hear the boxer a little bit. Any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,787 Posts
You have to have unequal length headers for any rumble.

The non turbo engines all have equal length headers and will basically have that smooth Honda sound. Honestly, equal length headers are the way to go. They are more efficient and produce more power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this evening i unbolted the exhaust just in front of the catalytic converter and it was really loud but too ricey for me...tried unbolting it right in front of the muffler but the bolt head was rusted in so bad it rounded off so may have to grind/cut/torch that one some day...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.