Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm mulling over my options before buying my WRX, and was wondering if anyone out there has experience with the OEM short shift kit versus the aftermarket ones, ie Kartboy. Have any of you driven cars with both? If so, what were the differences?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just installed the kartboy ss and it was the biggest pain in the a$$ to get the ball in it. I pounded away with a hammer trying not to damage the thread. I tried using a block of wood and all that does is make everything bounce. I have heard others say that the kartboy ss without the bushings feels worse than just the oem regular shifter but I like the feel of the kartboy. It feels much more precise. If you are paying to have the oem than get it unless you have someone else install your ss, then get the kartboy. It is less than halk the price of the oem ss also. So, if you are willing to struggle and get pissed off then get the kartboy--it is worth every penny.

P.S. Everyone that has installed a ss in the rex, I empathize with you all if you struggled. I am sure if I didnt worry too much about the thread it would have been easier but I need the momo knob to go back on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts