ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking to purchase a 2012 WRX Hatch. Am I better off ordering the short throw and bushings from the dealership or
replacing these with aftermarket?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Æternum
20,615 Posts
Factory will install shifter bushings? Didn't know that...

OE stuff is overpriced IMO.

·
Registered
344 Posts
By far, aftermarket is better and cheaper. Do not buy the factory short shifter, please. Its crazy high and only reduced the throws by 10%, while an aftermarket kit will reduce throws by about 40%.

I have the Cobb adjustable STS and front/rear bushings. Its great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome and thanks for the heads up. Do you have the shift bushings also or the front/rear. I actually don't know . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth . about cars and what does what but I've been studying a day at a time online and I have much more knowledge now compared to 3-4 weeks ago but I'm still learning the basics. I know I didn't care for the . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .fter in the WRX or the Sti when I test drove.

By far, aftermarket is better and cheaper. Do not buy the factory short shifter, please. Its crazy high and only reduced the throws by 10%, while an aftermarket kit will reduce throws by about 40%.

I have the Cobb adjustable STS and front/rear bushings. Its great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts