Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the sudden cd player seems to be non functional all I have is radio, i press cd; nothing, load; nothing, eject; nothing. Anyone ever have this problem? I let my father drive one time and I think that's when it happened. Anyway does anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong? I guess it would be under warranty but it just sucks not being able to listen to real music.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Mine did the exact same thing. Just take it in for a warranty repair.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Or get a bigger hammer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Pain in the...

·
Banned
136 Posts
Wasn't there a fix for this? I think someone posted that they unplugged the radio for a certain amount of time, then held the eject button to eject all the CD's and it worked after that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ummmmmm

With the placement of the drink holder it is a wonder that anyone has a working radio if they use it!!!!! Who thought it would be a good idea to put the drink holder above the radio unit? Condensation runs right onto the radio and quick stops, we you can only imagine!!!

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Re: Ummmmmm

02WhiteWRX said:
With the placement of the drink holder it is a wonder that anyone has a working radio if they use it!!!!! Who thought it would be a good idea to put the drink holder above the radio unit? Condensation runs right onto the radio and quick stops, we you can only imagine!!!
audi/volkswagon does the same thing :mad:

*hellooo? are you engineers drinking in there?*

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
My CD player took a **** all of a sudden about 2 days ago and nothing worked. No sound, no display, no button responce. I took the thing out and pulled the tiny lever on a spring in the back, which i hoped un-jammed the thing. I plugged it back in and it spit out all 6 discs and has been fine since then.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you have the OEM boost gauge, look at the manual that came wit hit :) Very good instructions on how to remove the cd player. It's pretty simple too

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
xylem007 said:
any place that has good head unit removal instructions?
Pop the cupholder out

Remove the two screws holding it in

Pull the center vent piece out and unplug the hazard light harness

Pull the radio/climate control trim piece off (yank hard)

Remove the 6 screws around the head unit...3 on each side

Easy! :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
w00t

i thought i would break it but i pulled progressively harder till it came loose... No dmg.. ;o)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, I should be a car radio thief got it out and in under 10 mins hehe
anyway no dice. I tried plugging it in and out and it still doesn't work all i accomplished was resetting my preset radio stations. Looks like i will have to warranty it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Get it down to 60 secs and you can be a theif i think.

I'm going to have to warranty mine too.. I'll post when i know what it was.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Did you push the spring loaded tab I spoke of in an earlier post? If not then...i dont know, way to read the thread...

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did the spring thing, I got the discs out but i had to repeat the process 6 times. Now I can't put cd's in and when i press cd it just makes the clikc sound as if its trying to load one or get ready to and just can't

·
Registered
63 Posts
i tried the spring thing...

It wouldn't budge. I used a jewelers screw driver and couldn't move any of the levers that had springs on them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts