ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm sure this observation has been made many times before.. why is it that so few wrx/sti owners in the front range area wave back? i remember living back in michigan, if you drove a specific car (assuming it wasn't a super common car), you'd at least acknowledge another one if you saw it drive by.

i think i've gotten 2 waves since i've had my car (2+ years).. and those waves have only come from clubwrx people!

</tinyrant>

·
Registered
466 Posts
I got a ton of waves when my car was new. It stopped the first summer I owned it (2003). I still wave as much as possible since I think it's cool. I've had someone look at me scornfully for waving at me though, that put a damper on my day.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
They really are quite common now. And because they're common salesmen can sell them to people who aren't enthusiasts. There are a lot of people who just drive along merrily having no idea what happens at WOT and 6krpm. The salesman said AWD is good for the snow and a turbo is good for altitude, so they bought it. They don't understand what they have... and they don't deserve it.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Some hot chick in my apartment complex who has a WRX always blows me a kiss when I drive by. I need to meet that girl....

·
Banned
566 Posts
Same for me I wave as much as I can but a lot of times I have one hand on the wheel and am shifting as I am passing by. Figure I would rather pass a subie and not wave than wave and kill my self. Or there are times I have my windows up and with my tint cant see anyone waving so therefore I dont wave back

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zem said:
They really are quite common now. And because they're common salesmen can sell them to people who aren't enthusiasts. There are a lot of people who just drive along merrily having no idea what happens at WOT and 6krpm. The salesman said AWD is good for the snow and a turbo is good for altitude, so they bought it. They don't understand what they have... and they don't deserve it.
amen :D it's always sad to see someone driving a wrx in the slow lane.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I wave to all WRX owners .. except the silver wagons .. j/k

Sometimes people look at me wierd .. expecially this old lady with a blue afro the other day. She just pretended not to see me, how cruel, at least I only do that to homeless people.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Rancid said:
It was decided you need to give others the shocker. Its the secret Subaru wave.
I tried that for a while, but now I just wave to all .. and flash the shocker or the stunner to the known ClubWRXer's

·
Registered
242 Posts
Rancid said:
It was decided you need to give others the shocker. Its the secret Subaru wave.
I tried that, but then she started telling me "It's only the first date" and "what kind of wierdo are you?" and it really went downhill from there.... wait... did I misunderstand the assignment?

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
I waved at elijahwrx yesterday! Wasn't sure how to say "are you on clubwrx?" while crusing along 36 at 90mph, so I held up a sheet of parrot stickers. I think I got my point across :D

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I usually only see a few wrx up here in northern part of town, and the ones I do see, I wave. I saw a red one..parked right next to me at petsmart yesterday, middle aged blonde got out, ...

saw a black one this morning, going down huron, ...looked like a black 04..debaged...waved...but the windows were massively tinted..so i couldnt tell if they even saw me..

i always see a blue STI parked on like huron and 120+ street..on the west side of huron in the back of a parking lot of some business...im not sure of the name...

also saw a blue wrx on 84th at the autozone on like 84th and huron...waved..but that person was working on thier ride...

they are soooo common now, before i didnt see one black 04 wrx...and after I got one..ive seen hundreds..i swear.. :(

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
svc said:
I held up a sheet of parrot stickers.
F'ing hilarious. :rotfl:

·
Registered
406 Posts
AlienPunk said:

saw a black one this morning, going down huron, ...looked like a black 04..debaged...waved...but the windows were massively tinted..so i couldnt tell if they even saw me..

they are soooo common now, before i didnt see one black 04 wrx...and after I got one..ive seen hundreds..i swear.. :(
You caught me .. I saw you too

BSC Represent

·
Banned
953 Posts
SVC, parrot stickers? Are these private parrot stickers that you hand out at private parrot parties and stick them all over each other and laugh at those not cool enough to have a parrot sticker and then roll them up and snort crushed parrot bones with them?

Or are they just regular stickers for regular MS'ers that want a regular parrot sticker to stick on their regular parrot car?

Either way, I want in.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts