ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I tap the o2 signal wire from the rear 02 sensor and I have a mil eliminator wired in will I get bogus numbers on my a/f gauge?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I did some research and found out that with an mil eliminator I can't get a a/f reading from my rear o2 sensor. My question now is, If I get rid of my mil eliminator and get a Perrin cel fix, can I get accurate a/f readings?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
You're not going to get accurate A/F readings off any of the stock O2 sensors. Gauges that use the stock O2 sensors are worthless and are just a light show. You really need to get a wideband O2 sensor.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realize that, I'm not using it for tuning. I got a killer deal on some gauges and that was one of the gauges that was included in the package price. I want it just for an overall idea of what my a/f is. Do you know the answer to my questions or not?

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
fsmwrx said:
Ok, I did some research and found out that with an mil eliminator I can't get a a/f reading from my rear o2 sensor. My question now is, If I get rid of my mil eliminator and get a Perrin cel fix, can I get accurate a/f readings?
If you remove the MIL eliminator and then tap into the O2 sensor feed before it reaches the Perrin box you should be able to get as accurate a reading as the stock sensor will give you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts