ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I threw a code for running lean in chamber one. So I replaced my front o2 sensor, then cleared the code. It stayed off for about 200 miles then came back on. So, my question is, should I look for another solution or is it normal for the CEL to come back on for a while?

There are no modifications to the car, bone stock.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,451 Posts
What was the CEL code number?

·
29,451 Posts
Clean the MAF. Clean intake, replace air filter, seal filter housing correctly. Confirm vacuum connection to fuel pressure regulator. Confirm no vacuum or boost leaks. Search PO171 for more detailed troubleshooting info.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Clean the MAF. Clean intake, replace air filter, seal filter housing correctly. Confirm vacuum connection to fuel pressure regulator. Confirm no vacuum or boost leaks. Search PO171 for more detailed troubleshooting info.
Ughh you guys on here are so knowledgeable! That looks like freaking Chinese to me.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Odd...cause the car was made in Japan

·
29,451 Posts
Yes residue is not abnormal and I can't picture right now how it might relate to PI171. I'd troubleshoot as above and reset the ECU, and see what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just a little. But I've done the maf sensor and almost everything else. I'm running out of ideas. O2 has been changed. New filter. Changed the boost hoses. Checked all my vacuum lines changed what was needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've done the maf sensor and almost everything else. I'm running out of ideas. O2 has been changed. New filter. Changed the boost hoses. Checked all my vacuum lines changed what was needed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts