Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here with an on-going issue:

Car: 2008 WRX Hatchback

Issue: O2 Sensor keeps tripping after installing the following:

Subaru 08-UP WRX/STI With High FlowCat. Down-Pipe
Subaru 2008 WRX HatchBack N1 Cat-Back

Cobb AccessPort (this had to be sent back as it would not flash ECU... still waiting for it to come back; so no engine reprogramming at this point in time)

Suggestions from those of you in the know???

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
54 Posts
ya . your exhaust gases are too rich and makes the 02 sensor not happy. i had the same problem. a simple forty dollar piece of equipment will get rid of that and emsure that you pass emissions. go to airplane simulator ntk 02 sensor at 02simulator.com find your vehicle and buy it. the install is splicing two wires, a little solder, and double sided tape. easy and cheap enough to keep the mods and pass the emissions tests, and not have that light up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. Why is there a 2nd O2 sensor if it does nothing?

Would Stage 2 reprogramming deal with this issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

I decided to go with the following mechanical fix as a possible solution. It is called a "Spark Arrestor" and is a metal piece that screws directly into where the O2 sensor goes, and then the O2sensor screws into it. Can be purchased for about $25 at fastwrx.com

Result: 95% reduction in cell code alerts.

Ongoing issue: Sensor still throws a "below threshold" code now and then - particularly when on long drives. Anyone know why this might be??

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
Yeah, you won't be needing that once you get the AP working.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Unfortunately I am still getting the P0420 CEL even after the AP fix.
Then call Cobb.No offense,but this is common sense.They advertise in their map notes that their product will eliminate these error codes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts