Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Haven't done it personally, but I don't see why you wouldn't just drill and weld on a new o2 sensor bung where you need it, and cut and extend the wires from the rear o2 sensor to that point.

jb

·
Registered
66 Posts
A local weld shop quoted me $45 to re-locate the O2 bung which also included a plug. I may do this this weekend, just need to see what it's goin to take to extend the O2 wires.

You may be able to find someone to do it cheeper, the shop I went to charges this amount as a minimum for any welding work.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw K&N sells a bung and plug plug kit for relocation.

The question is; relocate the sensor or install a PEL to fool the computer?

The PEL is about $20.

Russ

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
russ,

could you possibly locate where you saw the relocation kit? I checked their website (K&N) and didn't see anything.

This would be a great find.

Thanks

Big Sky

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To prevent CELs after having remvoved 2 cats.

In my case, it immaterial because I run the prodrive ECU and therefore, as you said, what would be the point. Except of course if you're running a unichip piggyback.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
The original is behind the cat in the downpipe (cat #2), but in front of cat #3.

I'm interested as my autox class (STX) requires one cat to be retained. The third cat is the logical one to retain (or if you have the bucks-replace w/ a high flow one) as relacing the catted uppipe/downpipe will yield the most performance. The down side is you will through a cel (cat inefficeincy code) because there is no cat in front of the O2 sensor- unless one could relocate it behind # 3, thus the interest in the relocation kit.

russ- I sent you a PM (I must be going blind).

Big Sky

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are some K&N part numbers. This is the best I can do for now.

Weld-on fitting - 85-21688
O2 sensor plug - 85-21686

Whether or not they fit the Subaru I have no idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts