ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I am new to this forum. Any help would be great. I have a 08 impreza wrx hatchback. I want to put in a Nvidia N1 catback exhaust. I am trying to decide between the racing or street version. The online videos don't really help me out too much. Does anyone own one of these in either version? Even any information about which exhaust is "better" would be really helpful. I am also trying to see which one would be louder on the inside of the car. I got mixed reviews about which one is louder.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
How loud do you want it? If you want cop magnet obnoxiously loud go with the race.. if you want it marginally loud but still enough to hurt your hearing on long trips go with the street version. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha thanks for the input. I am looking for loud, but I definitely don't want it to give me a headache after 1 minute inside the car. Would the race do that?

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
honestly your best bet is to find someone local that has one and have a listen. As for headache.. depends on how quickly you get headaches.. lol. my turboxs with a dp and stgII was unholy harsh.. It was brutal and sounded angry as hell. If it wasn't a daily it would be have been fine but for everyday I like em quiet so my perception may not be what your looking for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an Invidia exhaust on my 08. Not sure it is the correct version. Instead of the muffler sitting left and right with a 90 degree turn to get out the back, it runs straight front to back. Sometimes the exhaust pipe rubs underneath the car or touches the plastic where it runs under the bumper. It is a little louder than I like inside the car. It is especially loud when started up cold. After warming up, the sound level drops a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts