Discussion Starter #1
- 125,000 miles
- 2.5L block (~ 50k miles on block)
- TurboXS intercooler
- TurboXS BOV vented to atmosphere
- Cobb downpipe and exhaust
- 18" gold Rota wheels
- Lowering springs brand unknown

When the engine swap was done by the previous owner, only a 2.5L STI block was used and the original WRX heads and turbo were reused.

Vehicle has new brake pads and slotted rotors and new wheels and tires.

There are several issues:

- leaks oil
- ticking/knocking (increases speed with RPMs)
- squeaky clutch pedal
- Check engine light (reporting misfire)
- Misaligned bumper

I've tried replacing the spark plugs and running injector cleaner to eliminate the misfire CEL. Because of the CEL I haven't been able to get smog done this year. The ticking/knocking noise is probably from having the engine ran low on oil. Sometimes it'll leak a few drops here and there and other times I'll lose a quart in a few days, so even though I check it with every fill up it has gotten low a couple of times.

The front bumper catches on parking curbs and sometimes driveways, and pops out of place. I used to be able to flex it back into place but now I think it needs to be taken off and put back on securely to be aligned properly. A lot of the black paint on the front lip has chipped off in places where it hit.

Reason for selling is I don't have the time or desire to have a "project" anymore. I've put a lot of money into this car over the last year and a half and I really don't want to anymore. It's a blast to drive, and I actually prefer it to my stock 2007 STI, but I am not going to put more money into it.

I paid $10,000 for this car in October 2010, and between brakes, wheels, tires, and various repairs (AC, oil leaks, timing belt), I've spent another $3-4k. I think $7,000 is reasonable to cut my losses and make this an affordable fixer-upper for the next guy.

Questions? Email me: [email protected].

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble but you are better off parting this car out or fixing the issues before selling.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've been down this road, ended up having to replace 2 piston's. Nobody really wants your headache, unless you persuade them with a great price($5k). Lost my @$$ on my 02, but i got more out of it spending the money to fix it, then if i would of taken a HIT. live and you learn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts