ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need the help of all the vets so give all the input you can i want to run 0-60 in 4.3 to 4.5, money is not a problem and it is important to keep maintenance reasonable, i planned on starting with cobb stge 2 package

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
If money is no problem, don't bother with stage 2. Do a conservative turbo swap along the lines of :

Turbo (one of):

Vf22
td06h-18g
td06h-20g

TMIC (Sti, Spearco)
injectors
Catless TBE
Fuel pump
Equal length Headers with UP
Protune

Some bushings:
New motor mounts
Sti tranny mount
TIC or kartboy Tranny bushing
Sub frame lockout
PSRS

Light weight wheels ~15-16lbs
Sticky tires

No problem.

That ought to do it rather nicely.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds great so the stock engine will support an afterarket turbo w/ out problems, will it maintain good daily driveability?

·
Banned
0 Posts
sounds great so the stock engine will support an afterarket turbo w/ out problems, will it maintain good daily driveability?
The engine will do fine, but the tranny will not like you. :sadwave: I would do a full 6 speed swap if I were to through on a bigger turbo.

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
The engine will do fine, but the tranny will not like you.
properly driven, you'd be fine if you don't drag race often or slam gears. I'm setting at 350whp/340wtq on 93 & 370whp/355wtq on meth. Original stock EJ205 engine & tranny.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
are there any good aftermarket beefed up transmissions you had in mind?
You'll be fine on the motor front, there are several tranny upgrades available in the form of gearsets/rebuilt transmissions, and always the 6spd sti tranny swap. Like Testes1010 said you should be fine.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
The vf34/vf39 are stock on the STi (USDM/JDM). Mate these with an STi TMIC, STi injectors, and larger fuel pump, and it'll create a pretty nice setup.

Going with anything larger than the vf34/vf39 turbos, if you plan on driving it hard, you'll probably want to do the STi tranny swap. I believe this is good for 400whp (someone else can tell you for sure).

I've heard a lot of good things about the FP Red/Green turbos as well.

Get an EWG UP and a good TBE (being in CA, you may want a high-flow cat).

Then go in for a Protune.

Going with a turbo like the GT35R or higher would probably not do well as a DD vehicle.

Just make sure you upgrade your brakes (SS brake lines, high performance pads) & suspension to be keep up with that increased power ;)

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
but wasn't his sti rated 0-60 in 4.6 from factory?
yup, a properly tuned stock turbo STi is capable of low 12s on pump gas w/ the right boltons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts