Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think it's safe to use this thing?
do i need to buy any other part than this thing?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yes, it's safe, and thats all you would need.

Not sure if the sprayer thing would be too big for the top mount though, might hit the hood.

·
Registered
416 Posts
ryland said:
Yes, it's safe, and thats all you would need.

Not sure if the sprayer thing would be too big for the top mount though, might hit the hood.
i've seen pics, and it fits fine....there's room because of the hoodscoop. i want one of these kits, they look sweet :)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
If it'll fit on the TXS TMIC, it'll fit on our stocker. It's a nice piece :D Does anyone have any info on how to operate one of these things? Is it like a direct port wet nitrous system where you spray it as you go, or do you cool your IC before take off?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey, what do i need to spray a smoke from the hood?
is that called purge kit?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you think I need the purge kit?
Can I use it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
No you wouldnt need a purge kit because in actuality, this IS a purge type deal....It just sprays the nitrous onto the IC where a purge kit sprays it into the air...same differnce this just targets an area

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
chobits said:
do you think I need the purge kit?
Can I use it?
If you're trying to do the whole 2 Fast 2 Furious bit, like that Skyline, then you'd have to get some extra lines and extend them to where you want the nitrous to purge from. Not sure if there's a redirection kit, but I'm sure you could make one.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey, u read my mind! LOL
r u a mind reader?

·
Banned
601 Posts
hey

FYI--they do NOT recomend spraying nitrous on the intercooler. The kit is made by a company that makes nitrous systems, but they recomend using carbon dioxide for safety. I think their nitrous bottles in their kits usually get filled with nitrous/fuel...and that would be worse.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
someone also said that it's dangerous to have N20 as the sprayer
but i'm not sure if that's true though
so anyone actually has it on the car right now?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so the gas inside the bottle is not N2O but CO2?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Re: hey

hippy78 said:
yes sir. it has the same cooling effect without the possibility of combustion.

N20 cant catch fire. Its an oxidizer. Not compustable, it just lowers the temp of the intake charge.

·
Banned
601 Posts
hey

so if there were a fire, it would make the fire hotter.......On another note, I was wonderin why no intercoolers come freon cooled. Would it not work well, or would it be dangerous? I dunno, but I figured someone musta thought of it b4....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Re: hey

hippy78 said:
so if there were a fire, it would make the fire hotter.......On another note, I was wonderin why no intercoolers come freon cooled. Would it not work well, or would it be dangerous? I dunno, but I figured someone musta thought of it b4....

freon sounds sweet! Come to think of it, a few years ago, I was toying with an idea of somehow plumbing the AC system in with intercooler, to use that to cool it. Dosent the 03 SVT Lightning have something like this?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts