Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wow, I am very impressed with that gun. Fully automatic, small size, decent round size.

·
1,263 Posts
2 points

1. Illegal (hence the covered face)
2. About as effective as stripping that weapon and throwing the bits at the enemy!!!

and on a personal note - that guy is a f*ckwit!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
aussieinstlouis said:
2 points

1. Illegal (hence the covered face)
2. About as effective as stripping that weapon and throwing the bits at the enemy!!!

and on a personal note - that guy is a f*ckwit!
I couldn't agree more. Obviously, someone has illegally modified the sear in that pistol to make it fully automatic.

Were the cops to catch up with this guy, and the guy who did the mods, They'd spend several years in jail. Guatanteed.

On top of which, the weapon is tactically useless. Honest gun owners cringe when we stuff like this.

misterx

·
Super Moderator
1,985 Posts
DarkMoonLord said:
and what did those two clips of ammo run him for three seconds of 'glory'????
NOT a gun guy,
DML
Under $5.00 if he reloaded them himself...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Wow thats just crazy. They should show the target he was trying to hit, I bet he got one maybe two bullets in the target, The first and maybe second.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Might be a factory Glock 18, which is a select-fire version of the G17 9mm pistol, but the rate of fire seems a little slow compared to the other G18's I've seen.

Even if it's a conversion, it may still be legal. Up until 1986, it was possible to make and register so called "transferrable" fully-automatic weapons that could be legally owned by private citizens. If you live in a state that allows it (like Arizona or Nevada), file the proper forms and law enforcement endorsements, and pay the $200 transfer tax on each firearm, you can legally own a full auto.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
PNG said:
Might be a factory Glock 18, which is a select-fire version of the G17 9mm pistol, but the rate of fire seems a little slow compared to the other G18's I've seen.

Even if it's a conversion, it may still be legal. Up until 1986, it was possible to make and register so called "transferrable" fully-automatic weapons that could be legally owned by private citizens. If you live in a state that allows it (like Arizona or Nevada), file the proper forms and law enforcement endorsements, and pay the $200 transfer tax on each firearm, you can legally own a full auto.
To own a fully automatic weapon, you need a Class 3 license - availaable from the Federal Govt. Last time I looked, $200. Any citizen can own a full auto with the license. States may regulate the ownership of weapons further. Pennsylvania allows the ownership of these weapons.

The Glock shown in the vid appears fairly difficult to control. Event though its a 9mm.

misterx

·
Registered
50 Posts
MisterX said:

To own a fully automatic weapon, you need a Class 3 license - availaable from the Federal Govt. Last time I looked, $200. Any citizen can own a full auto with the license. States may regulate the ownership of weapons further. Pennsylvania allows the ownership of these weapons.

The Glock shown in the vid appears fairly difficult to control. Event though its a 9mm.

misterx
Uh, isn't that EXACTLY what I said in the first place?

·
Registered
499 Posts
MisterX said:

misterx
Class three is for SALES of automatic weapons. Its around 10k a year for a dealer to have this licence. I dunno what the licence is called for private ownership, but here in NC its a 200 $ permit of sorts. I don't know if its a yearly thing, or lifetime. Friend of mine is lusting over a MP5(rifle, not the car :D), and he's been looking into the permitting and whatnot. He's got 4 preban AR's and is trying to negotiate a trade. MP5's with the full auto selector are fetching over 8k nowadays(the ones manufactured before the ban). I think he's gonna trade up two AR's and some cash for the MP5.

·
Registered
907 Posts
PNG said:

your right it is a glock18, not sold to the public!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
PNG said:

Uh, isn't that EXACTLY what I said in the first place?
Close, but not exact. It's all good. We agree.

I had an FFL for a number of years. Casually speaking, the permit is called Class 3 license, too. I know it's not exactly correct.

misterx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts