ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my car seems to be idling rough and last night it was smoking a little and smelled like something was burning around the area of the turbo. I had four people total and some "spirited" driving but nothing too crazy. Also, I've noticed my car isn't hitting full boost. On my oem boost gauge i'm showing like .7mpa in first, .8 in 2nd 3rd and 4th. I'm thinking something is probably wrong? I've scheduled a service appointment for wednesday but does anyone have any ideas for right now? My car is totally stock and I'm in south florida in 90+ degrees. Thanks for any help.

-Eddie

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
this happened to me before its the oil line to the turbo i usually burned mine out on the stocker like 2 times :rolleyes: ....now with vf34 no problems!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, so I took my car out today just to see if there was any problems. No burning and no smoke or anything but I'm wondering how boost is supposed to build on these cars in their stock form. I bought the car used and it's my first turbo so I don't know if it's supposed to be doing this or not. I can hit at most .9mpa in any gear when I took it out tonight but as soon as the car hit about 5500-5700rpm the boost just completely fell off. It would go from .8 or .9 to like .4-5 in a split second and stay there for the last 1000rpm or so every gear (1st-3rd).

thanks,
Eddie

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
u can try resetting the ecu??

But since u said ur car is stock,take it to the dealership and ake them fix it:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts