Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 wrx, OTS Cobb stage 1 ACN91 map currently. Did also try out the HWG map to no avail.

I had a torn turbo inlet which I replaced with a Perrin one.

With the old inlet whenever I would hit positive in the boost gauge there would be some sort of build up or suction sound coming from the turbo side that didn't exactly sound like the turbo winding up. when I let off the gas I hear a whoosh or airy sound still on the turbo side.

Replaced the inlet with the Perrin one and same symptoms still appear.

I've had the coupler from the IC to TB blow off on me before and know what that sounds like when it's leaking from there.

The sound I have now is different and only under boost. Can be heard when going WOT in 3rd building up at 3psi.

I can post some logs. If needed. TD boost error is not within the +/-1 and my fuel trims are within +5

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did that yesterday. Small leak at the IC tb coupler adjusted the coupler ran it again and still heard the sound. Took off in my brother 09 wrx to compare the noises but mine still sound very distinct.

· Premium Member
11,374 Posts
Did that yesterday. Small leak at the IC tb coupler adjusted the coupler ran it again and still heard the sound. Took off in my brother 09 wrx to compare the noises but mine still sound very distinct.

Where did you put the tester, and what psi did you air it up to?

Was the car running fine and this issue started out of the blue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.