ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving back to my house on the freeway...I'm in the exit lane, about 1/4 mile away from the actual offramp, doing about 65mph. My t-tops are off and my windows are down. I hear this god awful noise from the car next to me and I look over to see 2 younger guys staring at me...THEY WERE IN A MOTHER FVCKING RAV-4!!!! It had a k&n sticker in the window and some other ricer-ish brands and I just looked back and shook my head. The guy floored it and the car "took off" Probably going from 70-80 in about 34seconds. The worst part is, when he passed, I saw a spoiler on his roof/hatch and an aftermarket exhaust!!! When is this madness going to end?!?! It was one thing when "sporty looking" cars like civics started getting modded but modding a rav4???!?!?! :eek: I had to laugh for about 19 minutes after I got home, but I was kinda sad at the same time. :(

Moral: If you know anyone who has a car that really should NOT be modded/racing PLEASE, for the sake of performance car owners and for the safety of the general public, slap them in the balls and then stand over them as they writhe around in pain and give them a stern talking to. :eek:

·
Registered
495 Posts
StoplightWarrior said:

Moral: If you know anyone who has a car that really should NOT be modded/racing PLEASE, for the sake of performance car owners and for the safety of the general public, slap them in the balls and then stand over them as they writhe around in pain and give them a stern talking to. :eek:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Believe it or not I saw one with a body (that was obviously for some other vehicle and wicked huge NAWZZZZZZZZ tank in the back. I was shocked and appauled at the blantant disregard for his mom's vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
haha I have to say that is pretty bad. The worst though that I've seen is a Toyota Echo with exhaust and a wing thinking he's the fastest thing around. :confused: I mean come on this car was not made to be sporty at all...it's meant for getting really good gas mileage. And the thing does the quarter mile in like what 18 seconds...0-60 is what 12?? These days people think anything that they own is the fastest car out there. I've also seen GEO Metro's with exhaust and wing...I think these people are out there for our enjoyment, cuz i laughed hard when i saw these cars out there. Just think of them as clowns....just they aren't trying to be funny on purpose. That and always give them the :thumbdown

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
SQ Stang said:
haha I have to say that is pretty bad. The worst though that I've seen is a Toyota Echo with exhaust and a wing thinking he's the fastest thing around. :confused: I mean come on this car was not made to be sporty at all...it's meant for getting really good gas mileage. And the thing does the quarter mile in like what 18 seconds...0-60 is what 12?? These days people think anything that they own is the fastest car out there. I've also seen GEO Metro's with exhaust and wing...I think these people are out there for our enjoyment, cuz i laughed hard when i saw these cars out there. Just think of them as clowns....just they aren't trying to be funny on purpose. That and always give them the :thumbdown
Funny you mention the Echo here...two days ago, an Echo stopped traffic to get beside me and gun it, slam brakes, for a bizarre looking display of who knows what kind. He also had 7 people in the car. He was laughing at me until he became a distant little speck. I think he passed the restaurant right after they brought us the fortune cookies...

RN

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
You kids haven't seen anything yet, in my hometown Walla Walla, it's the norm here for the high school kids to the the older boys in the there late 20's who "TRY" to custumize/fixup there cars. The best one i've seen here so far is a early Geo Metro with all the ricer works(neons, coffe can, shopping cart, decals, etc...) and a full custom bodykit. I looks like a CRX kit choped to hell to be fitted on that car. I'll have to get a picture of it when I visit.

I swear with all the money and effort that kid probably put into his car he could have probably bought a new car.:rolleyes:

But:
Classic cars are very very big here, and damn, they know what there dong with there babies. I'd personally give my REX anyday for one of those phat momas':D

·
Registered
878 Posts
Talking about silly people with riced out wheel barrels I see, well try this one for a measure. I was driving my gf to work one of these days and i come up to a light and see what looks like a hyundai accent the 2 door with an airplane wing on the back hatch, and a loud muffler. It was one of the older models i think like 2000 or older. So as i stand behind him i start laughing and tell my gf what a joke this guy is, and he must have saw me laughing becasue he punches it of the light. Well so i proceed to hand him his ar88ss:) through first by going around him. At the next light i stop at the red and he stops behind me, I was wishing i had a loud exhaust as i was completely stock at the time. I gave a couple a revs and left as the light turned green, he didn't try to catch up then......:eek: as far as the toyota echo i also have seen a couple that had all kinds of ricer stickers and cannon sized mufflers.:confused:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
DTR rex said:
with how accessable parts are at pepboys, autozone, and even WAL-MART these days, there is a whole new level of rice upon us...

every best be prepared. Its not going to get any better.
I walked into autozone last night and didn't know what to think when I walked out...

I totally agree with you. Its going to get MUCH worse before it gets better.

·
Registered
89 Posts
AsianWRX said:
I walked into autozone last night and didn't know what to think when I walked out...

I totally agree with you. Its going to get MUCH worse before it gets better.
It's not going to get better, and it's no worse than it was back in the old days before ricers. In the early 1980's, there were always a couple of Olds Cutlass wagons or similar vehicles running around on cruise nights with the wheels painted silver, a cherry bomb glass pack and the top of the air cleaner flipped upside down.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Someone at my school pulled into the parking lot with an old Toyota mini-van (I'm guessing early 90's) that had a big coffee can exhaust on it. I almost sh!t myself laughing in the parking lot when I saw that. Personally, if I had a car like that, I would just save up my money until I had something worth modding, rather than wasting it on something that will never be fast.

P.S.: That kid driving it claims he can beat my rex in the quarter mile :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts