ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from work yesterday I rear ended someone on the freeway. Thankfully everyone is ok. My suby looks like it was punched in the right eye. Called my insurance company right when i got home and scheduled to drop my car off to a body shop the next day (today). Body shop said it would take about 2+ weeks to fix because they said Subaru parts take a little longer to get. Between both cars seems like i got the worst of the damage. The whole situation sucks but all i can say is thankfully everyone is ok and that they are able to fix my car.

their damage

my damage

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear that!

·
Registered
35 Posts
wow that honda got a little slap and you got your face beat in! that really sucks, but i've been there a couple of times in my wrx. luckily it is repairable and there were no injuries.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow that honda got a little slap and you got your face beat in! that really sucks, but i've been there a couple of times in my wrx. luckily it is repairable and there were no injuries.

when i got out of my car i saw her damage and was thinking to myself "mine cant be bad if hers isn't that bad" but when i turned around to see my damage i was like WTF!!..

·
Registered
35 Posts
when i got out of my car i saw her damage and was thinking to myself "mine cant be bad if hers isn't that bad" but when i turned around to see my damage i was like WTF!!..
i've had it happen like that a couple times. it's because you were probably braking hard and your car dipped (plus it's already lower in the front anyway) and the impact was above the bumper where there is no cushion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've had it happen like that a couple times. it's because you were probably braking hard and your car dipped (plus it's already lower in the front anyway) and the impact was above the bumper where there is no cushion.
that makes sense. this is my first accident so i was trying to think how the heck can my damage be so much more then hers.

·
Registered
209 Posts
sucks accidents are bad deal all around. Glad everyone's okay though, cars can be fixed. Maybe try and have them add in a new lip???

·
Registered
127 Posts
christ on a bicycle that looks pretty rough. Good luck with the repair - Maybe snap a pic or two if you can so we can see how she turned out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All repairable...talked to my insurance agent today. Going to take 2 weeks to fix. Definitely going to take shots of her when she's done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So my car is ready to be picked up today from the body shop. Its been a long 2 weeks with her. Been driving my girlfriends 2004 mazda 3 in the mean time. Will post pics right when i pick her up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts