ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
I don't see any reason why it should be illegal, but there are cops that don't know much about car, but just enough that will think your spraying into the intake.

If you not going to squirt into the engine, i would go with CO2... same effect but cost less...can also get tankes filled at more places.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ALT+F4 said:
I don't see any reason why it should be illegal, but there are cops that don't know much about car, but just enough that will think your spraying into the intake.

If you not going to squirt into the engine, i would go with CO2... same effect but cost less...can also get tankes filled at more places.
true like paintball stores :)

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,985 Posts
digitalexpl0it said:
I wanted to know if it is illegal in california to have a NOS kit installed that sprays on the intercooler.
I would imagine there's limitations on dumping sulfur into the environment - assuming most nitrous oxide used on vehicles isn't med grade.

·
Registered
956 Posts
where can i get a co2 system at a good price? everything i see is a few bills. I dont think it should cost so much.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I beleive its not much sulfer...and it is Added since industrial grade N2O is readily availiable, and they don't want people inhaling it to get high. its like putting bitter apple on a kids finger nails who habitually bites them...one wiff of the sulfer and there is no way in hell you would inhale it...It Burns like hell and stinks.

And yeah Any Decent sized Sporting goods store or paintball shop will fill tanks...some stors might have a limit on the size of the tanks they will fill. alot of welding shops also fill tanks, but some might use a tank exchange program...it depends.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Overboost has a very interesting article about a test they did with spraying water on an intercooler. They found that there was no real difference in the temps of the charge whether the IC was sprayer with water or nothign at all.

Compressed IC sprayers are different though as they were not tested and also work a bit differently than water. I suggest searching for it over at http://www.Overboost.com

Also, CO2 is much lest flamable than nitrous. CO2 will kill a fire, nitrous will explode.

·
Banned
566 Posts
I am currently running the no2 sprayer from nitrous express. I am not sure but I know that in Colorado you can not have a nitrous bottle open while on the street. I have a few freinds that got tickets for having their bottles open. I had a huge discussion with the master tec at the subaru dealership who is also into modding his car and he said the he read an article on using co2 and that it actually hurt the performance of the car. Something along the lines of the c02 getting into the intake and hurting perforamnce rather than giving gains. As in n20 on the intercooler I would say that if I were to do it over again I would invest my money in a better water injection system. Alough I am not sure if the n20 actually helps the car or not. I will hopefully be going to the dyno in the next couple of weeks to see if it helped or not. Cause last time on the dyno I was getting really bad heat soke.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The Co2 intake tube from this company that I listed in the thread abouve sprays the Co2 through a small radiator in the tube that you can mount before the MAF. No co2 goes into the intake charge. You can then vent it to be srayed onto the IC if you want but I heard this screws the fuel mixture up cause the charge is cooling after the MAF.

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
That doesn't make sense. I don't know how the maf works but the turbo's going to change the temperature of the air considerably, then the intercooler is going to do the same. It's not going to be near the same temperature as when the maf read it.

grimm said:
The Co2 intake tube from this company that I listed in the thread abouve sprays the Co2 through a small radiator in the tube that you can mount before the MAF. No co2 goes into the intake charge. You can then vent it to be srayed onto the IC if you want but I heard this screws the fuel mixture up cause the charge is cooling after the MAF.

·
Registered
3 Posts
nitrous will explode
heh such misinformation is funny

give me a fire and i'll put it out with the nitrous

nitrous needs 575 ( im prolly off by 15 degrees but its close)
degrees to explode.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a friend who was T-boned by a drunk driver. She had 2 bottles of nitrous in her car that were leaking as the firefighters cut her out. As soon as they got her out, everyone moved away from the vehicle and within maybe a minute, the bottles exploded and the car was in pieces. So I don't think I am misinformed on this one.

The average fire is a lot hotter than 575 degrees.
Fire Temps

·
Registered
441 Posts
It's not going to be near the same temperature as when the maf read it.
I only meant from the intake tube before the MAF, they said it drops the temp by 40 degrees, if you want to vent it on the intercooler then you need engine management and dyno tuning..

·
Registered
3 Posts
heh if the bottle has a leak then its gonna be all gone in a matter of seconds.

ever open up a full bottle and see how fast it emptys...

not callin u a liar but there is lots of misinformation goin around

·
Registered
59 Posts
nitrous doesn't even explode. at 550 or so degrees the molecules split into oxygen and nitrogen. the splitting of the n20 into pure oxygen is where we get the performance increase. I think the nitrogen helps cool the engine

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Nitrous is a non flamable gas. Look at the bottle and you will see. It is just like our atmosphere only less nitrogen and more oxygen. Our atmoshere is somewhere in the ballpark of 98 percent nitrogen. The reason the tank would explode is from pressure build up due to heat or pressure from an outside source. Any pressurized tank will do the same thing. The whole fast and the furious thing having nitrous explode into green and blue flames is rediculous.

·
Banned
566 Posts
scooby24 said:
Nitrous is a non flamable gas. Look at the bottle and you will see. It is just like our atmosphere only less nitrogen and more oxygen. Our atmoshere is somewhere in the ballpark of 98 percent nitrogen. The reason the tank would explode is from pressure build up due to heat or pressure from an outside source. Any pressurized tank will do the same thing. The whole fast and the furious thing having nitrous explode into green and blue flames is rediculous.
Thats what I was thinking on my naws bottle it just says non flamable it doesnt say non flamable til 5++ degrees than it will explode. :screwy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts