ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this stuff is pretty sweet. up's the octane 3 levals it says. car seems a bit more spunky to me even enought to say few hp is possible I think. runs awsome. it's been 104F around my place and it's been running sweet. cost $4.52 at walmart I think. think when I go racing next time I might use it. thought i'd let you guys know my $0.02 anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
yeah i've been using it as well, but the one for off-road use..says it can up the pts by 7(yeah right) but the wrx runs noticeably better in this heat here than without it...as in no pinging.

·
Registered
309 Posts
3 points is 0.3. So 91 = 91.3. You should spend the same amount on Toulene and get a gallon. It will up your tank 1.5 so 91=92.5.

Much better bang for the dollar.

·
Registered
128 Posts
3 points is 0.3. So 91 = 91.3. You should spend the same amount on Toulene and get a gallon. It will up your tank 1.5 so 91=92.5.
to think that packaged toluene in tiny bottles can be sold for so much money... funny

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
hybrid gti 2 said:
this stuff is pretty sweet. up's the octane 3 levals it says. car seems a bit more spunky to me even enought to say few hp is possible I think.
any gains are in your head. octane only increases your engine's resistance to knock.

significant octane increases might keep your ECU from pulling timing at boost levels higher than stock, but other than that, there's not going to be a noticable difference - ESPECIALLY with only 3/10s of an octane increase.

save your money. that stuff is just snake oil.

dR

·
Registered
128 Posts
there definetely IS significant increase in power, according to those magazine mod pages, like Import Tuner or D-Sports. usually the car is something like a skyline making 500 hp that gains like 7 hp from one can... so maybe it isn't so significant. :wiggles:

·
Registered
67 Posts
any gains are in your head. octane only increases your engine's resistance to knock
hybrid, dont forget that octane can make power assuming you have the ability to advance timing... but even sunoco 94 + .3 octane of this BS isn't gonna do jack for ya. Save your money for a utec and get that badboy tuned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts