Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!! how's everyone doing?? i'll be getting my wrx mid next week..silver..kind of excited lol I think the first thing i'm gonna do to it is slap a little NOS on it, does that sound like a bad idea. i was thinking a 50 shot should be fine right..just for the upper gear, like 3rd and above? how should i use this..a wet kit, or a dry it, and how much HP...and what rpms to use it at...i'm use to V8's...so i dunno hwo NOS and 4 cylinders work. i imagine it would be good to use with the turbo..but do i have to wait till it spools all the way then spray or what..? help me out here, a 50 shot or can it handle more or less...i want to order it tonight, so that when i get my car i can install it the same day! thanks everyone.. also, if you already have NOS on your WRX, let me know how it works. thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
I don't think we have to many members with NOS. It would probably be a good idea to do about a 1000 mile break in on the engine before you start doing something like that though.

Justin

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hmmmmmm I dunno about that. Turbo and nitrous together? If I were you, I would just do what everyone else is doing and let some else try it out before you do any of it on your own.

·
Registered
20 Posts
tierno said:
Hey!! how's everyone doing?? i'll be getting my wrx mid next week..silver..kind of excited lol I think the first thing i'm gonna do to it is slap a little NOS on it, does that sound like a bad idea. i was thinking a 50 shot should be fine right..just for the upper gear, like 3rd and above? how should i use this..a wet kit, or a dry it, and how much HP...and what rpms to use it at...i'm use to V8's...so i dunno hwo NOS and 4 cylinders work. i imagine it would be good to use with the turbo..but do i have to wait till it spools all the way then spray or what..? help me out here, a 50 shot or can it handle more or less...i want to order it tonight, so that when i get my car i can install it the same day! thanks everyone.. also, if you already have NOS on your WRX, let me know how it works. thanks
NOS is for drag racing only, and in my opinion does a lot more damage to your engine then running a higher boost. The increase in peak cylinder pressure is very sudden, and that kind of repeated stress is bad on the engine. If you want more explosive power, get a bigger turbo and a good engine management system along with a good intercooler. If you want quick power delivery, get a ball bearing turbo and a more freeflowing exhaust system. Don't mess with NOS. Leave that up to the honda/acura crowd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
50 shot is good

After getting car in Jan. of last year...being gentle for my 3000 miles and changing oil 3 times in that period I looked around , but no kits were available untill just reciently. NOS makes a great kit that goes in under you injectors and you'll notice it in the seat of your pants but with the minimal power the 50 shot gives out it does all but no harm to the internals.

We are suet up with arming switch and it will purge on its own then after safety switch flipped it enters on its own above 3000 rpms as I set it, and the ecu allows.

just my .02
Later

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Nitrous and turbos actually get along really well. The expanding gas effect cools the intake charge after it has been heated by the compressor (turbo). The thing is, you can tune a WRX to like 245HP with just a computer and you are reaching the fuel system's limits at about 300HP. NOx requires fuel so the engine doesn't run lean and destroy itself. Basically, I would only run a 50 shot of nitrous on a car that was completely stock otherwise.

Save you money and get an ECU and/or a new turbo.

One more thing, tierno. A search for the word, "nitrous" would have yielded four FULL DISCUSSIONS about NOx that we've had in the past.

PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!!!!

-Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts