the 28th-29th of August there is a happening if you
are a Subaru lover. Info about the event is available
here: http://wcss.usmb.net
There are 2 bands booked on Saturday along with
the rest of the fun listed. There will be Friday night
cruise around the valley for the early birds including
a stop downtown at World Famous "Mikes Ice Cream"
(free) and some great spots for pics. Sunday will end
with an all day SCCA Rallycross to test your skills!
It will be a great weekend! Ya'all come!

:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
This sounds like a great event, how many people attend from around the Portland area? I was just out in Hood River this weekend for the Summit to Surf and it was an outstanding time!

I work with Subaru here in Portland and would be down for fun drive up that way.

Drop me an email if you are going, also not to hijack the post...but if anybody knows a good tint person in town....the new car is just not right without tint!:(

Thanks guys,

Brian Prosek

·
Registered
823 Posts
I am planning on going. Can't wait!

Brian, check out yahoo group:pDXWRX. There is a current thread about local tint shops going on right now. IIRC you may have to register w/ the group to see the posts, but it's pretty painless.

See everyone there, T.J.

P.S. Maybe we should set up a meet point for Sat. to drive up there as a group. The WA side is a much more interesting drive and there is a set of small tunnels along the way. The sound of a catless Subaru exhuast in those tunnels is freaking amazing! Have to play nice though, it is a frequently patroled safety corridor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info, I will check out the board. I need to get in touch with some of the local shops out here for installing some goodies...god I love my job!

I would be down with a drive up, I had a great opportunity to meet with one of hood rivers finest at the event last weekend and I am sure we could get the inside track as to whether speeding would be a good idea....:D

I typically have a hard time getting onto the boards due to the fact that I work pretty much all the damn time, so if you do not hear from me or want to plan a drive etc, email me: [email protected]

Thanks,
Brian

·
Princess Moderator
14,838 Posts
We'll be going to the rally on Sunday....Probably the friday night drive too... but I work Sat. til 3pm. I'll come out after work if there will be stuff going on about 4pm???

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Re: WHAT FUN

03WRX_YELLOW said:
I enjoy rallys....there so much fun. How many of you went? I DID!
We were there, in the PDXWRX/SPEC corner under the blue tarp. Where were you?

·
Princess Moderator
14,838 Posts
PERFORMANCE RACE ENGINEERING

We were the only Sonic Yellow WRX there. BIG Black stickers on the side. Under White canopy had a PRE sign hanging from it. We didn't enter the rally but Jason from the Shop, PRE .... He raced. He had the White subie RX with Red hood and Red spoiler and of course PRE stickers on it also. Best TIME of 1 min 37 sec and one cone. = 1 min 39 sec. Where were you?? and what color is your subie??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts