ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back to school in grand forks and I 'm just checking to see if there are any wrx's on this forum from the area?

·
Registered
155 Posts
You definitely want the block heater. I was in South Dakota last January and it was 29 below. I think Fargo was 44 below. Made the fillings in my teeth go weird when I took a deep breath.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was up here last year too and i had no problem really starting my car when it got that cold. Even when i would go a day or two without driving it, but i always made sure to let it run for 15 minutes before i went anywhere.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm in Fargo with a 04 STI.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah, that would have been me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thank you very much. I am in Grand Forks every now and then cause all of my family and friends are there. I am originally from GF.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Coo, I think I have the only modded black one with bug eyes here. There are so many around here now, its crazy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
bdgtracr, are you the white sti that's always over at team electronics (or at least the last couple of times i've been up there)?

·
Registered
61 Posts
BigFnE said:
bdgtracr, are you the white sti that's always over at team electronics (or at least the last couple of times i've been up there)?
Yep that is mine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
well all the nd guy's i will be joining you all up there in may, i am moving in with my girlfriend in mandan, ND... so it'll be great to finally meet some subies up there... bdgtracr i know this may sound weird but i believe i saw your sti in fargo when i went up there about a month and a few weeks ago... Very clean indeed... hopefully we all can meet up or something... I am hoping to get a job at the subaru in mandan as a light duty tech and work my way up from there... just wanted to give ya'll the head up and i am looking forward to hanging out with u all...
-jon

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't live in ND but I go there everyday, got a job in Fargo and commute back to MN at night. If Grand Forks wasn't an hour away I would say we should meet up cause I haven't seen many WRX's in town other than white STi forementioned at Team Electronics.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just ordered a HKS downpipe a week ago, other than that no. Soon though all the basics, an uppipe and a reflash and a catback exhaust. What about you? Any mods to your Rex?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
performance- godspeed up, helix dp, sti catback, mbc, grounding kit and a txs rfl bov (i know it not really a performance upgrade but it holds boost better than my stock one)

Others- sti v2 lip, jdm wrx grill, sti scoop, leather seats, dual a-pillar egt and boost gauges, and 17" rota sdr's

Do you guys go through any of the local shops?

·
Registered
16 Posts
The only local shop in Fargo I have found so far is Tintmasters........they seemed alright, the owner had an 02 or 03' silver wagon. Any better shops around I should check into?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shane, the tintmasters owner with the wagon, is pretty cool and he has a knows alot about our cars. The silver wagon is their second wrx they have modded, it runs like a 12.6.

I do all the work i can;t do myself through them, and they back up their work. Like my gauges came a little loose and they tightened it for me for free.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts