Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NorCal: Cobb catted downpipe for 2002-2007 WRX - $200 - SOLD

I have for sale a used Cobb catted downpipe.
-Excellent condition - no rust or dents; catalytic converter looks fine.
-7,500 miles at the most.
-Donut gasket included if desired.

I picked it up used in 2012 and put maybe 7,500 miles on it. I removed it for smog and never got around to reinstalling it, so now it sits in the garage.

According to Cobb's website (https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/exhaust/subaru-ss-wrx-sti-fxt-3-downpipe) it is Part# 512203 and has the following fitment:
2002-2007 WRX
2004-2007 STI
2004-2008 Forester XT

The pipe overbuilt and surprisingly heavy, so would greatly prefer a local transaction.

Sorry that I'm a first-time poster. For what little it's worth I'm a longtime NASIOC (gulp) lurker.
Drop me a PM if you are interested. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Master Baiter
12,651 Posts
That's a solid price!

Have you done transactions over on the Nasioc classified section? They have a review system similar to eBay. If so, post up a link to your profile, it might help someone who is a bit weary of your "newbie" status. Additionally, do you have eBay ratings? Anything to give yourself come credibility as a seller could help.

That said, $200 for that part, it should go quick. GLWS :thumbup:

·
Master Baiter
12,651 Posts
ayao said:
Thanks for the feedback - that is helpful.
Here is my NASIOC iTrader feedback link: https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/itrader.php?u=60336
Apparently the pricing is strong - between the time I posted I've gotten a bunch of responses - but everyone is looking for shipping.
Thanks!
Don't be afraid to ship; buyer pays the expense. You want $XXX in your pocket for the part, what it ultimately ends up costing them is irrelevant to you. If you have a mail room / shipping department at your work, talk to the employees there and see if they can help secure a box you could fit the part in, since they're dealing with packages all day, they can keep an eye out. A pizza lunch as "thank you" is chump change if it helps facilitate a quick / easy sale.

Only downside to shipping sales vs in-person cash sales is that you're dealing with a third-party medium (e.g., Paypal), and you have to trust the buyer is as honest as you, the seller. Similar types of inquiries to what I posed to you can help put you at ease. That said, I've never been screwed over on an enthusiast board by a dishonest seller / buyer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Local sale is pending.
Just out of curiosity, though, what's your recommended way of packing up these things for shipping? I've received pipes packed in massive boxes full of packing chips, but most recently, I bought one that FedEx just delivered with a shipping label stuck to the pipe itself. No box, bubble wrap, or anything. Worked just fine. My primary hesitation with shipping is just dealing with subsequent issues if the pipe was somehow damaged in shipping, etc.

·
Master Baiter
12,651 Posts
ayao said:
Just out of curiosity, though, what's your recommended way of packing up these things for shipping? I've received pipes packed in massive boxes full of packing chips, but most recently, I bought one that FedEx just delivered with a shipping label stuck to the pipe itself. No box, bubble wrap, or anything. Worked just fine. My primary hesitation with shipping is just dealing with subsequent issues if the pipe was somehow damaged in shipping, etc.
You don't want too large of a box. Try to fit your pipe in the smallest box possible #giggity

Honestly, I'd wrap the part in bubble wrap as the main protection. I don't keep packing peanuts around (they're obnoxious, and I don't want my dogs eating them). Normally, for the remainder of the space left in the box, I'll use a mixture of "air bags" (don't know how else to describe them) I've raided from the work mail room if they've got an abundance and mix it with crumpled up newspaper I have lying around the house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts