Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts

· Registered
918 Posts
General consensus says it's quite normal, my car has done it since day one, now at 11k miles it's gotten a lot less. if you google "2015 wrx idle shake" you can read the thousands of posts on the topic.

· Registered
739 Posts
Its very normal, especially people who aren't used to the rumble(and if you run your AC at'll). As far as the scratches there isn't much you can do about that short of replacing the pieces or putting a clear coat over it(I don't recommend).

· Registered
56 Posts
Its normal, my 2017 does the same thing, its part of the WRX charm. My 2004 did something similar.

Some love it and some hate it but, you could Plasti dip those areas to minimize scratching. Black base with a slight sheen top coat to make it look close to original. The black base is matte.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its normal, my 2017 does the same thing, its part of the WRX charm. My 2004 did something similar.

Some love it and some hate it but, you could Plasti dip those areas to minimize scratching. Black base with a slight sheen top coat to make it look close to original. The black base is matte.
Good idea, didn't come into my thought on doing a plasti dip or wrap. I'll probably just do a wrap.

I own a 2011 hatch WRX and mine vibrates very little but its probably because of the inline 4 engine type.... nothing to the point where I would be concerned about my vehicle.
Thank you for the insight on the vibration.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.