ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I bought a 2.5rs 3 weeks ago. I put some money into it. And now the head gasket just blew out and i have no money or no car. Any tips for the Noob?

So i bought a 2.5rs real clean couple mods. So i get it and decide to put some money into the engine just replacements. And then the head gasket goes out and i have no money to replace it cuz i was to busy replacing everything else. Any tips for the noob?

So ive always wanted a WRX. I finally find one but its a 2.5rs with a WRX hood so i buy it from this car lot it checks out and then i put some money into replacing some stuff..then the head gasket goes out and i have no money or a car. Any tips? thanks.

so i bought this 2.5rs got it checked out before i bought it made all the precautions i possible could and then replaced as many things as i could. Then the head gasket goes out and im out of money and out a car. Any tips? please and thanks.

Thanks for the helpful advice. I have a job. And im working on replacing the head gasket. I just thought since im a noob at subaru and cars in general maybe someone on this site could give me some helpful advice. Such as: Is it bad to drive on a misfiring headgasket?
How and Why did the head gasket go out?
Was it my driving?
Anything helps even if its not about my current problem. Im reading up on my car and trying to learn. But i thought maybe some actual people could give me some advice.

whats HG's...I thought that was the reason i just have bad luck cuz the compression test came up better then average but it does have 95,000miles. thanks

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your troubles...

Sell blood maybe?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Its hard to say how it that could have happened without seeing or inspecting the car. Anyhow sorry to hear about your troubles.:unhappy:

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I was getting confused...why would someone post up the same question 5 times? Is this a riddle???:screwy:

But then I saw TR edited it:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

major n00b sauce here...

Sorry to hear about the problems dude:sadwave:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hot engine

if i drive an impreza on a blown head gasket what damage am i doing besides the damage being done to the gasket?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Well, without the seal from a properly-working HG, you can be looking at leakage of fluid into the cylinders and possibly combustion loss issues.

You want to get it fixed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info

I have another question for you, the previous owner put a coolant system in. Should i take it out?

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
I hate those pesky coolant systems. I remove them all. Less hassle, and my coolant bill is cheaper. Air cooled FTW!

:confused1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts