ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im sorry if this has been threaded or asked somewhere else but it would help if you guys tell me
im new to tuning i have not tuned my 02 wrx before and its running a boost controller TBE 3 inch and intake resonator delete im from australia so i cannot use the cobb accessport i dont want to take it to a pro tuner because it cost alot of money like $1500 aud for ecutek and $1100 open source i dont have that kind of money i have the cash to buy and tactrix adapter and already have softwware ready to go on my laptop i got rom raider and ecu flash

my car is running rich so i wanna tune it too what it should be running i know its running rich because when the trubo is spooling under hard accelaration it blows a bit of black smoke and when you come to a complete stop you can smell abit of unburned fuel so my main question is whats exactly everything i need it would be greatly apreciated , now i would flash base maps but i would rather tune the car proply but i have no i dead how ive watched many you tube videos but the detailing is horrible ive read many threads and i dont want to damage my ecu or car and i dont wanna waste my money as well
help would be great :)

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Read the Opensource sticky up top . You do need a dynometer to get a decent tune.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts