Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I've had my 2017 WRX long enough to know the answer to this question but I'm going to ask it anyways. If i buy H&R lowering springs and put them on my car am I going to void part of my warranty. All critiques and thoughts welcomed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Okay I've had my 2017 WRX long enough to know the answer to this question but I'm going to ask it anyways. If i buy H&R lowering springs and put them on my car am I going to void part of my warranty. All critiques and thoughts welcomed.
Its possible. If you have problems with the suspension or drive-train such as driveshaft, tires, suspension links, mounts etc breaking or wearing oddly, alignment issues, they will probably blame the fact that the car is lowered and deny warranty, in some cases maybe not. Id think something like suspension components would be a little more black/white in what caused any failure than say an ECU tune. It wont or shouldn't affect the warranty on the rest of the car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its possible. If you have problems with the suspension or drive-train such as driveshaft, tires, suspension links, mounts etc breaking or wearing oddly, alignment issues, they will probably blame the fact that the car is lowered and deny warranty, in some cases maybe not. Id think something like suspension components would be a little more black/white in what caused any failure than say an ECU tune. It wont or shouldn't affect the warranty on the rest of the car.
im just asking because i've heard of people having engine mounts go bad and because they had lowering springs their claim was denied. also i live in NY so potholes are concern in terms of blowing a strut .

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
No. Warranty typically pertains to drive-train.
That's false.
You don't void a warranty. You get into a situation where your modification will likely have any future claim on that component or system denied.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts